Monday 24 November 2008

23 Ga Pinner - workplace


As the pins go,there is no issue. The other reviewer is referring to the tool from Bostitch, the pins can be used in any tool brand using this size.

As far as the Bostitch pinner goes;

There was a problem with the piston /driver that CS will send you a replacement part that will fix the problem I have no issues with the trigger. For the price this is an excellent tool,very well made, works great with the new part. Bostitch PT-2330-3M 1-3/16-Inch 23 Gauge Pin (3000 per Box)

These are great for crown molding or holding glued appliques until they dry. But usually the wood fibers don't close up around them again and a tiny hole is still visible, with a shiny metal pin head in it. And if not shot in straight or with enough power they stick out of the wood slightly and you probably won't notice until you get a nasty scratch as you rub your arm against it!

If you have a 23ga pinner with an adjustable piston, set it to a slightly higher pressure than you need to set the pin flush. That way it leaves a tiny pin-sized cavity above the pin head that can be filled and stained without affecting the surrounding finish. That is the way I found works best to make these really disappear.

I just completed a large furniture building project that consisted of two 8' x 4' book cases and a cabinet 4'w x 3'h x 22'd. I used the 23 guage pin nailer on all of the frames and on some lattice work on the cabinet doors. The nailer worked great! I'm very happy that I've added it to my toolbox.

I'm a finish carpenter and fine furniture builder, and I was introduced to pin nailers only last year. I did a lot of work with a friend who had the Grex model, which I liked very much, but when I decided to buy a pinner of my own, I went with this Bostitch unit because it was less expensive, and I have a 16 ga. nailer from Bostitch which is excellent. Their pinner, though, needs to be rethought. The large, ungainly safety trigger is thin plastic, and the edge tends to pinch your finger. Ergonomics aside, the unit simply failed to sink pins below the surface of any material, regardless of air pressure or depth setting. Maybe I got a lemon, but I returned it and bought the Grex. It just WORKS every time. - Workplace'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


23 Ga Pinner - workplace workplace 23 Ga Pinner - workplace