Wednesday 22 October 2008

Sheathing Staples


I am the proud owner of a Porter Cable MS200 stapler. I have installed several hundred sheets of roof and side sheathing using these staples exclusively. Not one mis-fire. As I build mainly custom homes, most has been 3/4 stock. The holding power of just a few staples will make a believer out of anyone.... B & C Eagle SDM-2 2-Inch by 16 Gauge by 7/16-Inch Medium Crown Galvanized Sheathing Staple (10,000 per Box)

I've used nearly 20,000 of these staples in home construction projects, mostly by stapling plywood to joists. There have been no jams/misfires/double fires (with a Porter Cable stapler). The only "trick" to using them is to press the stapler nose into the wood as you pull the trigger; otherwise, the staple may not seat all the way due to the gun's "recoil". Try not to change your mind once you've stapled something, as they are coated with something to make them hold tight. These staples are first-rate, and both of my orders arrived undamaged.

Having limited experience with medium crown staples (MCS), I have had no problem with these at all. They have not jammed in my stapler as yet. Some one else commented that they arrived with the box broken and staples falling out, as did mine, but mine were still intact unbent and as usable as if the box were not broken - no big deal then. My problem is, as a DIYer, and not a professional, I had to buy 10,000 staples. I don't even know if I'll use this many in my lifetime.

Received these 10,000 staples in a 6 inch by 15 inch by 20 inch box.All the staples were loose and when the UPS man handed the box to me it sounded like a box of broken glass. Half of the staples were broken. They were in a Amazon Box.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sheathing Staples Sheathing Staples Sheathing Staples