Wednesday 22 October 2008

New Era


I buy this hat every year at the start of the season. It was the first time I actually bought a fitted hat online. Skeptical at first, I decided to give it a go at Amazon.com. I could not be more happy! Fits perfect, looks perfect and feels perfect. Yankees New Era 59FIFTY MLB Authentic Cap - Men's ( sz. 7 1/8, Navy : Home : Yankees )

I've been buying loads of stuff from Amazon for some time now and simply do love their service & products.



Early last month, I made my very first "Made in USA" Yankees cap purchase from Amazon ... unfortunate for me, I somehow made a wrong size selection with my order, it was just too big.



Apart from my personal error, I totally loved the quality and the finishing on this product, it was exactly what I dreamt it would be.



After a couple more different size purchases made with Amazon, I finally figured out my size, it was a 6 7/8.



What surprised me with my latest order was that, this particular "authentic" Yankees cap in size 6 7/8, was marked "Made in China" ???



So, can anyone confirm if this is still a genuine product?

Hat looked good and brand new in the box. Bought a 7 1/4 hat and it fit like a 7 3/8...only time this happened is when I bought it off amazon. Suggest buying the hat in a store and not online due to this. Dont know why. But my other 5 hats are all 7 1/4 and fit perfect. Yet the only time I buy a hat offline with the same measurement its off...hmmm makes me wonder if its real or not.

This hat is the classic internet purchase. Go to you local hat shop, try on the different styles and sizes. Then buy it on Amazon. I saved approx 40 percent on what I would have paid in my local speciality store. It is the exact same product! I absolutely love this hat. Go Yankees!!!!

I didn't actually purchase this hat off Amazon, but rather over at the Lids ha store.

This hat has it's pros and cons.



Its pros are that the colors on this don't seem to fade nearly as much as my new era wool hats and don't bleed after being exposed to excessive water. Also they don't seem to shrink at all compared to my wool hats as well.

The cons are that it actually seems to heat up your head faster than the wool hats do. They don't seem to breathe as well either. And personally, I kind of miss the new era flag on the left side of the hat.



If that doesn't bother you though, go for it defiantly. It's still nice to wear in any weather and I think will actually last longer than the wool hats will.

I have owned the new authentic caps since they have come out in 2007. I recently got a new one because I needed a bigger size. The materials used have gone down in quality slightly, the new caps aren't wool & acrylic like my 2007 cap, but rather 100% polyester and made in china. I do think the cap looks good and I like wearing the same cap that the players were on field. I am a proud NYY fan and this cap fulfills its purpose. Go Yankees!

My husband loves the yankees and he has to have a yankee hat every year. This hat was terrific! A great value and the right size. Its hard to find a 7 3/4 hat! This hate is going to be worn a lot. It will make a wonderful gift.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


New Era New Era New Era