Friday 10 October 2008

Ps3 Charger - charger, playstation 3


Since I recently bought the PS3 Move peripherals, I decided to finally look into buying a controller charging dock.



This particular dock suits my needs for the following reasons:

- I have two Sixaxis contollers, two motion controllers, and one navigation controller (not planning on buying a second navigation controller anytime soon)

- I can keep my second motion controller plugged into one rear USB port, and my Bluetooth earpiece plugged into the other rear USB port.

- I can now use the PS3's two USB ports for the PS Eye and an external USB hard drive, and no longer have to plug/unplug USB cables to recharge various controllers or the earpiece.





Some of the minor problems I've encountered:

- There's a blue LED light on one of the long sides of the charging dock that is angled around 45* out... and can be a bit annoying depending on where you're sitting in relation to it.

- The Sixaxis controllers may take a moment or two of fumbling with before you line it up properly on the charger.



And just so everyone knows, it is true that you can't place a motion control where the navigation control is supposed to go. PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro

I usually don't write reviews, but this time I strongly believe it deserve a strong review. I purchased the Quad Dock Pro from Amazon via DreamGear about 3 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks perfectly fine and charging. last week my controllers were dead for no reasons. I realized quickly that the unit was not charging. I did plug my controllers via USB to my PS3 to make sure it was not the controllers and it was fine and charging. The main light around the unit still works but the lights around the move controllers and the DualShock are not anymore. I called the company "got disconnected". I emailed them "No response". So I don't have much choices here. I will try a few time more to contact them and if no answer I will purchase the SONY charger for the move controllers and go back to my USB cable to charge the DualShock. I like the idea of a multiple controller charger, but NOT from DreamGear. Please if you are thinking about purchasing this item be aware. Also check some of their other products and you will find in general very low scores, so be careful. I will NOT recommend this product to anyone. Thank you.

I do not own the navigator yet since there is not currently a good enough reason to buy it. So for now the navigator charging spot sits empty and my second move controller has to sit in the back attached to the USB cable. This is a minor nuisance. I would have preferred a second move controller spot, but maybe I'll be less disappointed when I finally buy the navigator.



The charger itself works fine. I expected to see very rapid charge times for the controllers but I can't really tell any difference. If your controller charge is low, it's still going to take a while to charge it up. The controllers do fit securely into the spots, though.



The item seemed a lot smaller than I pictured when I opened it up. And a lot lighter. I thought there would be a decent amount of weight on it for extra support, but it feels essentially hollow on the inside. This worried me a bit at first. After putting all the controllers in, though, it doesn't seem like it will be a problem.



I agree with a previous review stating the blue light strip around the base could be annoying, although it is rather cool looking. I ended up placing the unit on a speaker below and to the side of my TV, though, and hardly notice it when it's on. Since I don't need constant charging, I leave it unplugged most of the time anyway. The individual chargers have lights around them that turn from red to blue once they are fully charged. This is especially helpful for the dual shock controllers since they face down and hide the built-in flashing red charging lights.



Overall, I am quite pleased with the purchase.

I need a dock that can charge two Dual Shock controllers and two motion controllers. Unfortunately, this does two Dual Shocks, one motion controller, and one navigation controller. There doesn't seem to be anything out there that can, so I bought this one. (I mean, how hard is it to make two ports for the motion controllers and detachable adapter for a snug fit when you want to do the nav controller?)



The good news is, it has 2 USB ports in the back so that's where my 2nd motion controller goes. It takes a little jiggling to get the Dual Shocks in, but the motion controller slips right in to place. The LED displays are very obvious and bright. ** I suggest that you do not keep the unit plugged in UNLESS you are charging. It is an energy "vampire". ** The manual also suggests that once your controller is charged to take it off charge. Roger that!



Overall, this will do and is much better than having to turn the PS3 on JUST to charge controllers for next time a friend and I want to play.



Edit: Ha, I just read another reviewer talking about this being a "vampire". It's true....an on/off switch would have been nice.

I bought this charging dock thinking that it would be nice to have the ability to charge all my controllers simultaneously, and at the price its a good deal. I was wrong. The dock I recieved would not charge the move controllers whatsoever it worked for 5 minutes then wouldnt charge the Move or Navigation controller at all. It still charges my dualshock 3 just fine but i bought it to charge the move peripherals. The company states that it should charge up to six devices with the included two extra usb ports simultaneously, but it couldnt charge even three controllers for me. I've tried to contact dreamgear with no response yet.

This product works OK, but I have two complaints:

1) They should have designed it to allow more flexibility in what is plugged into each slot. The only options available as it is are exactly what you see in the picture. So those of us with two of the PS3 Move Controllers who don't want a Navigation controller have 3 slots filled and an extra empty slot we can't use while the 2nd Controller stands by waiting for its turn to get charged.

2) The slot for the Controller is not very easy to align, so you have to fumble around with it till it fits in finally. I've had 3 different people using it make the same comment, so I'm comforted somewhat that it's not just my lack of coordination.

Otherwise, it works for what it's made for so if you can get a good price for it, then it's worth having around for some extra charging options. - Playstation 3 - Charger - Playstation Move - Chargers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ps3 Charger - charger, playstation 3 playstation 3 Ps3 Charger - charger, playstation 3