Wednesday 15 October 2008

I Own It - kindle active content, free


** Warning, Warning **

if your expecting this to be some big and exciting app with lots of features and comparisons; don't bother. This is a real basic app that allows you to select which version of the same ad you like better.



This app will not allow you to manage or change ads on your device. Also, this does not allow you to vote on new screen savers for you Non- special offers Kindle. Maybe this might stir up some possibilities for the future.



Since you are voting on and ad that will be coming soon, you'll be getting a heads up on the new deals coming down the pipe.



A no bells and whistles app that does 1 simple thing. It does take a couple of seconds for the images to load, but that's because it's downloading the images. Obviously, it has to get the new advertisements somehow.



I think the app should incorporate a display of votes so we can see which is more popular and which might actually win. Maybe also a voting option for what special offers people would like to see in the future. Amazon AdMash

This Kindle app is probably of interest only to owners of the Kindle SO (Kindle with Special Offers). The app shows two competing ads for the same promotion, and you vote which one you like best, or you can vote Neither, giving neither one a vote of confidence. There is no option to vote Both. The Next and Previous page buttons move you through the ads, and the 5-way controller is used to vote.



Ads shown are both from Amazon and from outside advertisers (such Oil of Olay). You can see multiple ad duets per session, and when you reach the end you can start again. Sometimes there are more than two ads per promotion, so in subsequent sessions you get different match ups. It's like playoffs for Kindle ads? :-)



Pressing the HOME button at any time takes you out of the AdMash. The MENU button is not used, pressing it does nothing.



One perhaps extra benefit is that you may be able to see what promotions are coming up in the future before they launch. The apps shown include an up to 20% off HDTVs and 50% off lighted Kindle covers.



The app for what it is gets 4 stars, it is simple and straightforward.



So why the three stars? Because you can only give feedback on competing ads for the same promotion. You cannot vote on competing promotions. When they initially announced this Kindle app, I thought you would be able to vote on competing promotions. So if more people wanted to see gadgets (or beauty products, or Kindle accessories, etc) featured as Kindle SO promotions, their voting feedback would send that instruction to Amazon's deal makers.



This app is free to get, but realistically I doubt people who are not a Kindle SO owners would be interested in it.

the new, cheaper Kindle for $114 has ads for screensavers. It's no big deal. My husband bought one - it was cheaper and the same thing - just has ads. It has paid off so far as we were able to get a $20 Kindle card for $10 from a 1 day ad. This app is for people who have the ad-enabled Kindle and want to rate the ads they receive so you can vote for more "deals". Good idea.

I have a Kindle SO so I am the customer this is aimed at. I like getting preview of upcoming offers; I know to hold off on buying something if I can preview the ad. The app is called ADmash so logically it's going to be about advertisments.



The only thing I would like to add is a "Both" option, Currently there is A, Neither, B Doesn't happen often but occassionly I do like both screensavers.



There hasn't been any ad I thought was truly hideous, boring or odd maybe, but not hideous. It's a fun little app that I go thru twice a week and have fun with.

I would much rather have these ads in lieu of the pictures of famous authors on the screen-saver! They do not intrude into the Kindle reading experience in my opinion. I know this review is based on this app and not the new Kindle released with ads.

Two choices and you vote for the ad that you like. Takes less than 1 minute to complete 5 ads. I enjoyed it for the fact I have a little voice and to see potential new offers. Not sure what the one star reviewers are moaning about. I was not expecting a rocket science approach. Wish all voting was this simple and easy!

Yes, this lets you vote on what you want to be shown on the "Sleep" screen. It does not let you vote on the bottom of the Home munu. Also, you have to use Wi-Fi to use this «Game»; you can not use 3G or anything other then Wi-Fi to use the «Game.» There are only a few adds you can choose from at the time. You can get new adds from Amazon. The good things are that you can have some fun. The last thing I have to say: this app is fun.

@Cheyenne2u: It's MUCH better to have ads on your Kindle than pictures of creepy dead authors. You are lucky, all the non-SO people would like ads a lot.

And, in defense of AdMash and the ads, at least you get to vote on the ads wheras with the default screensavers there is no choice and the best ones are the butterflies and the ones with the descriptions of Kindle on them. Seriouly, who wants a picture of Emily Dickinson on their screen? I don't mean that I don't like her work, but the picture creeps me out.

Anyway, I don't thnk people should accuse AdMash for the screensavers, that's all. Gave it four stars because that's what I think about it. - Stupid - Kindle Active Content - Free - I Own It'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


I Own It - kindle active content, free i own it I Own It - kindle active content, free