Tuesday 30 September 2008

Photo Printers - photo printer supplies, photo paper


I recently purchased a new canon printer and knew I wanted to order some paper along with the purchace of the printer. I love matte finish and had always selected this for my film photos. I ordered this paper with some trepidation because of the one reviewer that thought this paper was such poor quality. There have been some who have said it is difficult to tell which side of the paper to use, and this is true. There is no "Canon" written across the back of this paper. If you do select the 'wrong' side of the paper and didn't realize it, anyone would be dissapointed and I do hope the one reviewer will return here and try the other side of her paper. To use the right side of the paper, hold two pieces of the paper up to each other. The right side to print on is the brighter white and has a very lightly textured surface. The wrong side of the paper is more yellowish and is very smooth. When printing on the right side of the paper the photos come out absolutely stunning. My printer came with samples of the photo paper pro (glossy) which is probably quite nice if you are a glossy paper person. It wasn't until I could see my photos printed on this 4 x 6 matte paper that I could really appreciate the quality of my printer. If you are a lover of Matte finish, you will love this paper. It lets the photo grab the attention rather than the shiny finish. Canon Photo Paper Matte, 4 x 6 Inches, 120 Sheets (7981A014)

I am extremely satisfied with my purchase! I've never really cared for glossy finish photos and was happy to find this matte finish photo paper in the 4x6 size. It makes printing my digital photos easy and fun! Especially easy with my Canon PIXMA MP750 All-In-One Printer!

I guess some people presume that photograph should look shiny and glossy all over. Non for everyone. I like matte finish. Also it's has much more longevity-if you touch it with your sweat fingers it won't smudge as gloosy prints. To anyone who hates matte appearence I will recomend to visit museum with picture gallery. Do you see lots of shine there? No. Glossy print may appear to be sharper-but it's only appearence. Do take your picture in good focus and you'll have exelent results no matter what paper matte or glossy. This paper is not waste of money-as a matter of fact, you save bunch of it buying this paper over glossy. Higly reccomend.

After much research and shopping around, I bought an i9900 last month. I have been extremely happy with the picture quality and the speed of the printer. I learned with my last printer the value of using original equipment manufacturer supplies - the picture quality is so much better on Canon paper/ink in the Canon printer. This was my first foray into the matte finish, and my only complaint is that I have a HARD time determining the print side of this paper. The printed pictures are outstanding nonetheless.

I was wary of this product after reading varied reviews, but many of the negative reviews appear to be based on mistaken expectations. In truth, everything I have printed on this photo paper is beautifully clear and vibrant, from photos to intricate graphics for paper miniatures. The results for graphics are especially stunning. This photo paper is not "just" cardstock, but rather cardstock with a special matte printing surface. Keep in mind that the glossy photo paper is also simply cardstock, but with a glossy printing surface. The matte and glossy photo papers are the same weight (45 lb) so I don't understand complaints about flimsiness. This is just the matte version of the Canon glossy 4x6 photo paper, which currently boasts a 5-star average rating.



Things to keep in mind about the matte photo paper:



- This is matte photo paper, NOT glossy. Do not expect glossy photos on this paper.

- This is cardstock with a matte finish. Remember that glossy photo paper is just cardstock with a glossy finish.

- The paper has a front side and a back side, with the printing surface whiter than the back side.

- Printers may print differently on glossy and matte photo paper, so be sure to choose "matte photo paper" from your print dialog.



This is a beautiful photo paper that yields beautiful photos and graphics.

I highly recommend this paper. I managed a high end pro photo lab for 10 years and now that I am a hobbyist and like to print at home this is my favorite paper to use. Just be sure to load it in the printer correctly. If you print on the wrong side it looks very bad.

I've used Canon Matte Photo paper for years in my Canon S900 printer. The pictures are stunning! One of the best features is that the pictures are easy to view because they are completely flat finish yet retain all the resolution your digital image can provide. Using Canon's Easy-Photo printing program with the Matte Paper presets makes printing a breeze. Water will still smudge the print but fingerprints do not show and my oldest prints retain their excellent colors. - Photo Printer Supplies - Photo Paper - Photography - Printer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Photo Printers - photo printer supplies, photo paper photo printer supplies Photo Printers - photo printer supplies, photo paper