Tuesday 30 September 2008

Pashminas - pashmina wrap, pashmina


I had seen a colleague of mine wearing this shawl. It looked gorgeous on her. That evening I promptly logged on to amazon.com and ordered one in red and the other in chocolate.



The fast delivery service didn't keep me waiting for long. The pashminas were softer and more lightweight than I had thought there were. I do have to say that the pashminas are not as soft as the ones my mother has but considering the price I paid for mine, they are fabulous. The material is on the thinner side; so don't expect it to keep you extremely warm.



The paisley self-design gives the shawl a richer look. On closer examination, I found minute dark spots on one of the shawls, but since it seemed as though it was woven in the fabric I did not bother much. Since then I have used the shawls for various occasion, both casual and formal. I love both the colors I have. And guess what - three of my friends loved my shawls and ordred the same for themselves. 70% Pashmina 30% Silk Paisley Self-Design Shawl / Wrap / Stole - Black

I have been searching everywhere for wraps for the girls in my wedding to wear. One night I happened to come across the 70% pashmina & 30% silk from Saka's. I decided to order them in black to see what they would look like b/c the internet can sometimes be deceiving. When I received them in the mail, I couldn't be more excited. They are perfect for the wedding. Soft and silky feel with a very subtle design. Not only are they dressy enough for the wedding, the girls can use them again for anything. I plan on buying more, there are a ton of colors offered. Did I mention how reasonable the price was?? Also, the handwritten note with the package was a nice touch. Thank you!!

I received a scarf that was a completely different color from what I ordered. I contacted customer service and was told that they shipped the "closest color". I have never experienced anything like this in any shopping experience. I returned the item and expected them to refund the shipping cost, since the error was completely due to their error. They did not do so. I feel like I got taken for a ride - $6.97 for initial shipping, + the cost of shipping the shawl back to them. It seems like an unscrupulous deal.

I ordered this for myself and once I got it I ordered several for Christmas gifts. The price is soo great I ordered extra just to have on hand in case I need a quick gift. It is very soft and the color (Chocolate Brown) was slightly patterned. It can easily be dressed up or down depending on your mood. It is exactly what I expected. It is on the thin side so if you are looking for something substantial this is not for you ( but the feel is heavenly).

These are the types of Pashmina you can buy from the street vendors of New York for $5. They are exactly the same, even down to the slip cover packaging. The quality is acceptable, some frayed edges and very thin, but a nice stocking filler. Certainly not worth the price listed here.

The title of my review says it all. The shawl was crammed into a clear plastic bag that had a paper sticker on it with fabric content information. The only problem is there is NO label of any kind on the shawl itself and so you have no idea what it is actually made of. Any kind of shawl from a cheap acrylic to whatever could have been put into this wrapper. In addition, there is no fabric care label to tell you if the shawl is delicate machine washable, has to be dry cleaned or what. This violates USA import laws. Fabric must have a content and care label.

I telephoned Amazon.com customer service about the problem with the 2 shawls of this style I ordered as well as one this seller advertised as 100% cashmere and actually is 80% cashmere, 20% silk, that I also ordered. The label on that shawl says it's from clubpashmina.com.

All 3 shawls are being returned. The 2 of this style because they are not suitable for gifts with no fabric content or care labels. I have serious doubts they are the claimed 70/30 combination advertised.The other shawl because it is not the claimed 100% cashmere.

Be aware, you may not get what is shown or advertised !

I purchased a black and a red/black pashmina. I'm going to keep the black one, but the red/black doesn't look as rich in color as it appears in the photo. It's a bit more orange-red than I would like, and isn't as elegant as the black one. The quality is good for the price, but the "original" price is a bit misleading - in my opinion they are not $100+ quality.

This shawl/wrap is beautiful!! The design is so subtle, but wonderful! I needed this for a wedding. I ordered it on a Friday and needed it for the following Friday. With standard shipping, I received it on the Monday before the wedding!!! I love this item and definitely recommend it!!

I found this product to be an exceptional value - exceeding my expectations in beauty and softness. After ordering one as a gift for my mother, I ordered one for myself, and have just ordered a second one in another color. Additionally, a friend has been so pleased he is ordering one to send to his sister for her birthday. - Scarf - Shawl - Pashmina - Pashmina Wrap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pashminas - pashmina wrap, pashmina pashmina wrap Pashminas - pashmina wrap, pashmina