Monday 15 September 2008

milwaukee m18 - milwaukee m18


This saw worked great for my construction project. I built a 10' X 12' shed. I was able to use the saw to cut 10 2X10's and all the 3/4 inch flooring on a single charge. It is truly nice to not the cord hanging in your way. Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2630-20 Bare-Tool 18-Volt 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)

If you look under Technical Details it clearly states that you need a XC battery and a little research would point that out very easy. Can't knock the tool because you didn't do your home work. The saw is excellent I like that the blade is on the left side of the handle making it very easy to see the cutting line. Tool has a lot of torque and the brake is great. I have 4 XC batteries and 2 regular batteries so I am set to go. I have every M18 tool including the radio I know that Milaukee is having there products assembled in China per there specs. but who isn't I dont like supporting China anymore then the next guy but your President dumb A** gave China our country.

Milwaukee M18 tools rock. The more different ones you have (and with multiple XC batteries) the better.



Great product. Of course you need to have XC (not compact) batteries for the bare tool; that should be obvious. However lack of a rip fence is false advertising because the Amazon page lists it as Model AB and the Manufacturer's info says AB includes saw plus fence.



My brother-in-law got the kit of this saw, hammer drill, sawzall and light with two XC batteries, IMO the most useful tools. And the rip fence was included.



This saw is quiet compared to a worm drive Skil 77 but still rips 2x4 lumber, no problem. Relatively light and very convenient. Chop saws are ubiquitous on job sites now and have taken over much of the work that used to be done with worm drives. With the convenience of this M18 Milwaukee - and chop saws everywhere - the worm drive saw now sees much less use.

This saw does just what I need it to do, simplify small cutting tasks. I don't have to get out an extension cord and locate a receptacle to make a few cuts. I am a carpenter that does a lot of repair/renovation work and tried my first cordless circular saw a few years ago. I had grown dependent on it even though it was somewhat awkward to use. After trying my partner's Milwaukee cordless sawzall and circular saw I decided it was worth the expense to upgrade and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this tool. My one complaint is that it didn't come with a ripping guide which I will have to try to find.

I purchaced an M18 Drill and Impact driver set. Since I had the batteries I thought I would get the saw. Found out when I got the saw it took the High Capacity M-18 batteries, the regular M-18 did not fit. Had to purchase another battery. I did some research and after much time on the Milwaukee web site I found where they mentioned the need for the HC batteries. I wish the Amazon site would mention the need for the HC battery.



Other than that the saw is great, cuts 2 inch material with ease, Charge is enough to work all day (on my projects anyway). The eletronic brake takes some getting used to. But the unit is well worth the money. Now I am looking for the M18 sazall with out the batteries to complete my tool box.

It states bare- tool and every body knows that means no battery included, but Amazon's ad does not tell you which

battery is required!I was forced to purchase another $60.00 battery since my new drill and impact driver

battery will not power this saw!I probably would not have purchased this saw had I known all the facts and its a great

product. I blame Amazon for this oversight and will be very careful in future Amazon purchases!

Yes, it's true this saw is designed to work with Milwaukee's XC 18V batteries, and not the compact batteries that come standard with their popular drill / impact driver set. However, as many have pointed out, it's not like this is a secret. Do your research like I did, and you won't be disappointed.



As another reviewer pointed out, the only thing keeping the compact batteries from working with the saw is a small plastic tab. It can be removed with a Dremel tool, but I chose to slowly slide a very sharp knife under it and it came right off. The fit of the battery when I put it back on my drill has changed a tiny bit. It has a little more play in it, but not enough to be noticeable if you aren't really looking for it.



I now have a fantastic 18V cordless saw to accompany my drill and impact driver, which came with 2 batteries and a charger. I'll always have one fresh battery, no matter what project I'm working on. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. - Milwaukee M18'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


milwaukee m18 - milwaukee m18 milwaukee m18 milwaukee m18 - milwaukee m18