Monday 15 September 2008

Low Quality - clothing, gear


The "small" version of this item could have easily fit a pro football player! As a 5'5" female, it came down to my calves and wrapped around me 1.5 times. It's not lined and it's not super high quality, though, so if you don't mind doing some alterations it's a pretty easy fix. Can't beat the price. PVC Knee Length Yellow Raincoat size Small

The price seemed good but, when I opened the package, the smell of gasoline made my head spin! I bought the rain coats for my kids as it is very rainy here in the winter. There is NO WAY, I would put one of the coats on my kids! And, I am quite certain that the seller is in violation of health codes!



DO NOT BUY THESE RAIN COATS!!!

I got this raincoat as a quick fix for a Coraline costume; it's a little too orange (for Coraline), a small is more like a large & it's extremely long and full cut. If you're short (I'm 5'1") expect to hem or do as I did, just cut the bottom off; be aware, it will probably absolutely envelope you. If you cut straight, you can't tell the difference. The quality isn't that great either, the right pocket ripped at the top corner almost first thing that evening (I wasn't being rough with it either, this was from putting my hand in and out in chilly weather and putting a small doll in the pocket), so don't expect this to be a raincoat you'll use again and again, or you'll be disappointed. The raincoat IS very warm, so if you want this for Spring/Fall, it's lovely for the cooler weather. I didn't feel a chill all Halloween.

Let me first day that the speed of delivery was great. The sizing was exactly what I expected. My son is 5'9 and it hit him right at the knee, arms were just long enough. I was ordering this product as a costume so my expectations weren't to use it but once. Part of the neck ripped away from the body within minutes of having the product,from trying to unsnap the hood from the neck. I was using it for costuming so sending it back was never thought of, I stitched it up and moved on. It did have a very strong petroleum like oder when I opened the package. I had to put them both hangers, and let them air pout outside for about a week before I could bring them in the house for a long period of time, after that they are fine. Th e product served my purpose well but I'm not sure someone looking for a heavy duty everyday rain coat would be pleased.

Item shipped fast so that was a plus. I have to agree that this coat does run on the large side and it isn't lined. But for the price you can't beat it! I'm using it for my Coraline Halloween costume this year and it's perfect for that (after some alterations). - Coraline - Rain - Gear - Clothing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Low Quality - clothing, gear clothing Low Quality - clothing, gear