Saturday 29 October 2011

Wireless Pc To Tv - wireless, wireless pc to tv


I purchased the Warpia StreamHD after seeing the product at CES last week and I have been pleased with it's performance. Set up was not a problem on my Windows 7 system and making the initial connection was painless. There are so many solutions out there that are pushing streaming video but after doing some research and seeing some of the others in action, I am very happy with this choice. The price point was very reasonable and the lack of limitations on what can be sent to your TV were very compelling. As an example, I looked at the Intel WIDI solutions and for the money that you have to spend, the latency and lack of extend mode we show-stoppers for me.

I have had the Warpia unit for the past couple of days and am putting it through it's paces. I have streamed from a DVD without issue and I have been streaming movies from Netflix with great results. Every so often (very infrequently) there will be a little break up in the signal but I have realistic expectations for a wireless vidoe solution. If it was wired and I saw occasional break up, I would be concerned but with a wireless connection, its totally acceptable.

One other point about the Warpia unit that I like is it's ability to be set on the table top or mounted on the TV. My TV is sitting on a cabinet so the tabletop orientation works but down the road, we are planning to wall-mount the TV and it will be nice to have the Warpia out of the way.

I saw another post that said that they were seeing issues with the iPhone or iPod Touch in close proximity of the Warpia unit. No issues here. I am typing this review with an iPhone sitting next to me and a movie playing on my TV.

I will update this review as I get more experience with the unit but wanted to get a preliminary review out as I am very pleased with the product. Warpia StreamHD Wireless PC to TV Full 1080P

I have several Grandchildren who are constantly wanting to play on sites like Playhousedisney.com, PBSkids.org and Nickjr.com but they are always wanting to crowd around my laptop. This product is allowing me to put these sites on our TV in the family room and the kids love it! The noise in my house has dropped since getting it and I couldn't be happier. My husband set it up and just to make sure he had it right, he spoke to Warpia on the phone and they were very helpful.

My Setup:

Desktop is exactly 10 feet from the TV.

Core i7, SSD Hard Drive, 4Gig Ram, Nvidia GTX260 GPU, Windows 7 Home 64



I can use the StreamHD to duplicate either of my 2 monitors OR

I discovered I was able to use the TV as a 3rd monitor, which was a surprisingly useful feature.



TESTS:

Netflix Watch It Now: at full 1080p the frame-rate appeared to be at 15-20FPS but minimal lag and completely watchable.

Hulu: At full 1080p Hulu would stutter minutely but consistently every 2 seconds making the frame-rate feel like 10FPS.

At 1280x1024 The frame rate staying at a solid 20fps

Skype: Much to my surprise Skype ran quite well in 1080p. The audio and video always matched, the video quality was reduced but it felt as if, whatever call quality you were normally getting, over the StreamHD it dropped 1 bar of call quality which is far better than what I expected (stuttering, audio lag, and overall instability)



All in all this product works, but it's not a magic bullet. I would have liked flawless reproduction of my 1080p computer monitor placed on my TV, but this was certainly cheaper than buying a new computer for the TV.

I read the reviews before purchasing and most were positive but one was of concern because I use VLC to play many of my videos on ext hard discs and the reviewer said he could not get it to work with VLC media player.

After connecting everything and making the recommended adjustments for windows 7 I proceeded to check out what would and would not work.

The unit works great with VLC media player if you run it in mirror mode and tweak the video output of the player. I have discovered that Power Link DVD software works best for full screen playback of digital video media and has less problems with "fuzz" in the picture which happens with VLC.

I have just started using the product and am sure with a little tweaking on my computer I will get even better results than now. I have to say I am seriously impressed with the overall function in mirror mode since I can use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse to do everything on my tv screen and leave my computer closed and out of the way.

The only concern I have at the moment is the amount of heat produced by the unit with extended use. After about 2 hours the unit gets pretty warm but this is to be expected with the amount of processing involved for that length of time without a cooling method other than ambient air cooling.

Overall if you're looking for a way to eliminate wires running all over the place and decent functionality between your laptop and HDMI TV this is a product worth purchasing.

The benefits far outweigh the minor deficiencies.

I would also recommend using Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 for viewing video as it will play DVD, Blueray, and digital media. All of this will work in miror mode, including Blue Ray playback which is listed as one item that the unit isn't compatible with. Since the blue ray plays through the software and the unit is mirroring the computer screen you get to watch it from your computer to the TV like a normal DVD.

Also be prepared to do a little experimenting to get better results and don't rely on just plug and play. Plug and play works but for greater viewing quality some tweaking is necessary. - Hdtv - Wireless Pc To Tv - Pc To Tv - Wireless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information