Monday 22 August 2011

Running Headphones - sony mp3, wireless headset


After 80 miles of sweaty Florida running and at least two monsoon style thunderstorms I am happy to say they are working great. No issues, easy to load using Windows Media Player, light, comfortable, charge quickly and overall a great purchase. The controls are slightly more tactile than the iPod shuffle but easy to use and very intuitive. And best of all you can get them at Wal Mart for $49.99. Just make sure the package says waterproof, some places might have the old model still on sale.





UPDATE: 6 months and still going strong. I would have been on my third iPod Shuffle by now. I've read a few of the reviews and can see how some people might have issues with the earbuds staying put. In my case it hasn't been a problem and my ears are almost as big as the presidents. I've had them on runs as long as 53 miles without a problem. Do make sure you buy the current sweatproof/waterproof version. The previous model was not waterproof and from the reviews I read they died as quickly as an iPod. Sony 2 GB Digital Music Player (Black)

i had the previous version too (w202) which died after 3 months. sony ended up refunding me. while waiting for these, i tried a knock-off version from ebay, but those never stayed on my head. even though the old version died, i loved them, and was holding my breath for these.



first, the audio quality seems better (the old pair had no bass). i dont have the old pair to compare with, but they seem just the slightest bit bigger (not complaining). i'm assuming thats for different audio components and more water resistance. the jog dial for choosing tracks is now just a lever, so its easier to use. the volume up button is now a bit longer, so you can tell which button is which. and the shuffle switch is now a button. it looks like this button will let you choose a playlist. i haven't tried that feature yet, but my guess is it would let me have a music track playlist while working out, and then an audio book playlist for cardio.



anyway, these are great for working out. they stay on my head while lifting, cardio, abs, etc. i charge them in my car while driving to/from the gym, and i've never had the battery die before a workout was over. not having to deal with wires is great, and its easier just having one device instead of 2 devices synced with bluetooth.



the only reason i didnt give them 5 stars is because longevity is still in question. also surprised they didnt bump the memory up from 2 gig to 4 gig.

I had such high hopes for these headphones as I was wanting a pair that would double as an mp3 player that I could use while running. The bottom line here for me was that while running the headphones have to much bounce and movement to stay put. Keep in mind that somebody else might have a different experience but for me it did not take long after running to be annoyed by there constant movement. Its almost as if you would need a sweat band or something to hold them in place. They sound great and the ease of use for transferring music and playing is also great. They are light and charge super fast. In the end however while running they just have entirely too much movement for me. I might be going back to the Motorola headphones that I once had.

Out of the box, it was pretty easy to set up the mp3 player and load my music on to the thing. I put the player on, and started to run. I made it about one block before one of the ear buds fell out. I tried switching out the ear buds with both of the other sizes included, to no avail.



As a result, my experience with this product, was not good. Plus - the seller (Electronics Depot NY) does NOT accept returns. Make sure you know this BEFORE you order from this company. I am now stuck with a product that is not usuable.



My suggestion is to NOT buy this if you plan on using it for running. And it is so minimalist when it comes to controls, etc., that the wireless/cordless configuration is the only thing it's got going for it over other mp3 players.



Stay away. Horribly disappointing in my book. :(

Overall I like the Walkman; however I have the same problem that others have mentioned, the ear buds won't stay in my ears. I won't use it for high end aerobic activities because I have to mess with it constantly. It's back to the headphones with the dreaded wires. It is great when I am lifting weights as I am not moving as much and the adjustments are not quite as intrusive. I am now using 2 different sound systems for my workouts. So in the immortal words of Bono, I still haven't found what I am looking for!

Have had my player for a couple of months now and it is far superior to my iPod shuffles (I trashed 3 through exercise). I am into the practicality of things here so looks don't matter, and I don't find that they look too bad.



I run, I run a lot. I have been running for 20 years and have run several marathons, many tris, and run upwards of 120km a week, so far (in my 20 years of running with music) this is the best player I have had. I ran with cassette tapes that slowed in the early morning winter runs as betteries froze, I ran with CD players and held my right arm steady so they would not skip, I bought tougher portable CD players, and now - wow hand held days are gone, Even the cable now removed as still remains with the iPod.



Brilliant - but - beware - read the ratings on #1 below. They have failed. For the price I don't find this so bad so would not hesitate, but if this is an issue: think.



Happy listening - Wireless Headset - Sony Mp3 - Mp3 Player - Running Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


mp3 player Running Headphones - sony mp3, wireless headset