Friday 3 June 2011

Waterproof Headphones - headphones, swimming


I bought this: Lewis N. Clark WaterSeals standard Waterproof MP3 or IPOD pouch. I've read reviews for all of the waterproof headphones available on Amazon, and I was unsatisfied by what I could obviously see were design flaws in other headphones, even in the $50 and up range. I took a chance on these, and I'm glad I did. I'll break it down by waterproofing, comfort, and sound.



The headphones come with four sets of in-ear cups. Three of those are small, medium, and large triple-sealed cups obviously for in water use. There is also a pair of regular in-ear cups for listening outside water. I used the small cups, which still seemed a little big, but they made an excellent seal. Doing things I normally did in water that might dislodge them, I was surprised to find that they stayed put and stayed sealed. Even moving my jaw, or lightly pulling on the cords, I didn't unseal them. The over-ear bendable plastic helped significantly - the phones were not pulled by drag or anything else away from my ear. I'm sure if I were to tug on them, I would dislodge them, but I try to avoid this with any waterproof headphone because doing so often compromises their waterproofing, and they can get permanently damaged in the water.



Another difference between these and the standard triple-seal phones is comfort. You can't really call anything comfortable that's lodged in your ear canal, but these come close to comfort. The plastic is soft and near-malleable, and the edges are thin, instead of thick and blunt. There are slightly noticeable mold lines (where the seam of the two molds used to create the cup come together), but these did nothing to irritate my ears. By comparison, the design of the Lewis & Clark earphones is downright sadistic. There is only one size of ear cup, and the plastic is harder and excruciatingly painful in the ear.



The sound, I was happy to find, is quite excellent. Because of the seal, I couldn't really find a perfect balance of highs and lows in my ear (I suspect it has something to do with the air pressure), but it's a price I'm very willing to pay for the great seal. I set my equalizer on my mp3 player, and everything sounded great.



Overall, I'm very satisfied with these earphones. The value for the price is amazing. Don't waste your money on those $50 and up earphones; these ones do fine. The only thing is, they're not perfectly comfortable. I can't give five stars for something that still hurts my ear to use, as I have a pair of non-waterproof Panasonic earphones that are like wearing nothing on my ears. Comfort is a big deal to me, and these are slightly painful to wear. But I suspect that the cups are shaped the way they are in order to make a seal, which they do very well.



A few words of caution: I have not taken these to any depths. I usually swim on the surface of the water, and my last pair of headphones did not respond well to being taken even three feet underwater. Because I am so satisfied with these, I didn't risk going lower than the surface. If you're a diver, or an underwater swimmer, I don't suggest listening to music underwater with any sort of earphones.



Secondly, you'll want to rinse anything you use in chlorinated or seawater thoroughly with distilled water after every use, to prolong their lifespan. Make sure they are unplugged, and make sure they are fully dry before their next use. Pyle PWPE10W Marine Sport Waterproof In-Ear Earbud Stereo Headphones for iPod/iPhone/MP3 Player (White)

I'd been looking for headphones to use while lap swimming as the ones i were using, which worked great for years, were finally coming apart and I have no idea who made them. I bought these after first trying the much more expensive RMKF headphones, which got better reviews on Amazon. RMKF Black waterproof in-ear hi-fi earphone with Black head for ipod mini nano video classic touch MP3 player iphone 3G new + extra blue earbud and + 2 sets inear-earbud + Clip on earphone

To me the hands-down best phones for lap swimming are these Pyle's. They're even better than my old ones which I loved. Why?

1. They stay in. The ear loops are really nice. I was skeptical at first, but they are comfortable and keep any small accidental tugs on the cord while swimming from pulling the phones out.

2. They sound really good

3. OMG the price! I paid a couple dollars more than the other reviewers, i guess the price went up, but it is so worth it!! The RMKF's we're 3 times as much and junk.

If you are going to swim laps and want to enjoy your music, get these first!!

I felt the need to chime in here since there was only one review for these when I was shopping and I took the plunge (so to speak) based on the one review. I'm not trying to steer anyone away, just wanted to offer another opinion based on my experience.



I had purchased a Speedo Aquabeat (which I really like), but the earphones that came with the Aquabeat where causing me some difficulties. I saw these and figured for eleven bucks, what the heck.



Compared to the Aquabeat's original earphones, these defintely do NOT sound as good. Given that these are for swimming and workout conditions, I don't expect Shure or Sennheiser quality reproduction, but these are fair to poor by comparison to the Aquabeat originals and the difference is easily discernible. The sound is useable, but it's ten dollar sound, period.



The comfort level was OK for me and I have very sensitive ear canals. I have not as yet used these in the water, but I'm sure they will do - as a spare. I'd rather put up with my originals for the sound quality difference.



The problem I have with the Aquabeat originals happens when I'm done. When I try to take them out, the rubber end pieces frequently detach from the earphone leaving them lodged in my ear and quite literally a pain to get out. These Pyles phones do not seem like they will have that problem, but again, the sound is ten dollar sound. My search continues. - Headphones - Waterproof Earphones - Swimming - In Ear Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Waterproof Headphones - headphones, swimming headphones Waterproof Headphones - headphones, swimming