Sunday 23 January 2011

Canon 30d 40d Remote - canon, wireless remote


I use this product with a Canon EOS 40D. I normally buy nothing but Canon made accessories but I don't need a wireless remote shutter that often and decided to try a less expensive alternative. It was a good decision. The Vivitar unit works just as it is supposed to do and provides all the shutter functionality in a remote unit without the wires. I haven't tested the range since I'm usually within 20 feet of the camera so I can't comment on that particular feature; but, for my purposes I'm very pleased with the unit. Wireless Remote Shutter Release For Canon EOS 40D and 50D SLR Digital Cameras

An external shutter release is virtually essential for several reasons, starting with sharpness.



Cable or wireless? Why NOT wireless? Expense? I tried the Opteka cable release for the 40D and had the same experience as others. Sure, it's far cheaper. Mine (like others') didn't work.



Vivitar offers this transmitter / receiver combination at a reasonable and attractive price (only 4 are available as I write, so I'm glad I acted).



It arrived quickly. I excitedly read the brief but clear instructions, set it up on my 40D, and it didn't work.



But THAT can't be because it's Vivitar.



Turns out, as the instructions make clear, your transmitter and receiver are supposed to be in synch when they leave the factory. But sometimes they're not. If you're having trouble, just re-synch. They show you how. Takes about 10 seconds.



And, naturally, the Vivitar wireless remote shutter release works flawlessly in one-shot mode, 2-second delay, or continuous (either triggered instantly directly from the transmitter or manually on the camera).



I'm going to be using this a LOT. Even MORE, I suspect, than just with standard tripod shots: I got a Gorillapod Zoom to go along with this Vivitar wireless release -- for much easier rapid "tripod" setups in the field.



And since Gorillapods work equally well as lightstands for placing master / slave Speedlights, I'll be getting another couple of those.



The great thing? With Amazon policies and security and products, you really can't beat the deal.



I've saved nearly $2,000 on purchases for this one camera system over the past two years. That's no joke.

Remote was priced right and arrived in no time. A quick read of the instructions and I'm now using the remote nonstop with my 50D. Compact size means easy to transport too -- doesn't take up room in the camera bag. I definitely recommend this for anyone looking to get an affordable wireless remote.

I looked around for quite a while reading various reviews and looking at different remote shutter releases for my Canon 40D. In the final analysis, I decided on this Vivitar wireless model. When it arrived, I was quite surprised at a couple things. First, it is a lot smaller than I had expected. I anticipated something a little more substantial in physical dimensions. Don't misunderstand the intent of my statement-small is great! Here are some rough dimensions to help understand the scale of the devices. (I uploaded a few pictures that may also help with the scale of this product.)



Receiver: 2-3/8" L x 1-1/2" W x 1-1/8" H including mount -or- about 3/4" H not including mount. (Mount is not removable.)



Transmitter: 3-1/2" L (including retracted antenna) x 1" W x ½" H (thickness). Antenna extends about 4-3/4".



Lanyard is about 7-1/2" long. Chain with clip adds almost 3".



I like the fact that the transmitter has a two stage button. Push it half way to have the auto-focus on the camera engage. (The half-way point has a tactile feel.) At the half-way point, the LED turns green. Press the remote release button all the way down to release the shutter. When you fully press the button on the transmitter, the LED turns red signaling the device is busy and the shutter has been released. What happens with the camera depends on how you have the transmitter and the camera set. You may have a two-second delay, a single picture release-if your camera is set on single picture-and a set of five pictures. I typically set my camera for high speed shutter releases and the remote on single picture. When I hold the button down on the remote, it is like holding the camera's shutter release down. Nice!



One thing I had not read about in other reviews is that there is a lanyard included for the remote transmitter. I put the lanyard on the remote and added the small chain and clip to it using the split ring included on the end of the chain. It made this remote convenient to clip to a belt loop and stick in my pocket. That's a nice touch.



I've only had this remote shutter release for a short while but it works great as either a wireless transmitter with receiver or as a wired release, should you desire that option. There IS a bulb setting on the transmitter but it does NOT have a timer incorporated in it (other than the two-second delayed shutter release. If you are looking for an intervalometer or a release that can function for time-lapse photography, look elsewhere.



I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. Great job, Vivitar! - Canon 40d - Wireless Remote - Canon - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canon 30d 40d Remote - canon, wireless remote canon 40d Canon 30d 40d Remote - canon, wireless remote