Sunday 7 November 2010

Cooking - cooking


I spent a lot of time trying to pick a cooking/nutrition magazine to subscribe to, and this is the one. It has tons of great recipes, nice pictures, and interesting articles that don't repeat the same old food/diet information I've read a hundred times. But probably the thing that sets this magazine apart the most is that compared to every other magazine I've looked at, there are BARELY ANY ADVERTISEMENTS. Nothing makes me feel more ripped off than to find that my magazine is about 40% full page ads. I'm so glad I found one that's not like that. EatingWell (1-year auto-renewal)

I've got subscriptions to 3 cooking magazines (Eating Well, Bon Apetit, and Everyday Food), and this one is by FAR the most useful. I want healthy food but I also work long hours and can't spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The recipes in Eating Well are tasty, easy to make, and creative. The ingredients can be found at any grocery store and are usually things I have on hand. I look forward to every issue to find out what new recipes we'll be cooking up this month. I highly recommend it!

This magazine is like Prevention, there are articles on eating better, different foods and their nutritional value, and so on. I found them all well done and informative. I especially enjoyed in the last issue a large article on faux foods and the differences between getting a loaf of long shelf life bread, the kind most of us eat, or an artisan loaf of whole wheat and the points as to why we should pick the ones with actual food value over convienence.



Most cooking magazines have none to few articles on various topics. Eating Well truly means that - they're telling you about eating well. If you're looking for a magazine with some recipes and more articles that pertain solely to food and their health value then this is one you'll want to check out. I found it a nice change of pace.



As stated in another review. There are very few ads which is amazing and very enjoyable.



They do have the 'recipes that are different' as I like to call it. They had an appetizer of a dried apricot half topped with crumbled blue cheese, pistachios, honey and a little pepper. It sounds interesting and I would probably try it, but I'm pretty sure I won't make it. They did have some I will try out that looked delicious such as another appetizer of sliced beef wrapped around a dab of boursin and thin sliced peppers, sounds excellent.

I subscribed to both Cooking Light and Eating Well. The differences are tremendous. While I like Cooking Light, I LOVE Eating Well. The first thing you'll immediately notice is the dearth of advertising in Eating Well compared to Cooking Light. Thus, Eating Well is about a third of the size of Cooking Light. Unlike Cooking Light, which can contain random articles about travel and exercise, Eating Well is strictly about food and nutrition. I love how Eating Well has pictures of all the recipes, while Cooking Light does not. I also like how Eating Well's recipes are simple and easy to follow, using realistic ingredients and straightforward preparation methods. I've made a number of the recipes and almost always enjoyed the results. Eating Well's articles are informative and I especially appreciate its focus on nutrition. In all, a fabulous magazine! I only wish it was published every month instead of every other month!

I love this magazine, and am on my third year. The recipes are interesting, healthy and easy to make after a day at work. They don't use fake ingredients, which was my complaint with Cooking Light - I'd rather use real yougurt than fake sour cream for instance. And the recipes don't take all day and 24/7 access to a gourmet supermarket like the ones in Gourmet. The nutrition articles are interesting and walk a sensible middle line between the low fat and the low carb camps. Real food for real life.

I love Eating Well! I am an active Weight Watchers Member and was so disapointed in the Weight Watchers Magazine, then I saw Eating Well and subscribed immediately! It is the best food magazine out there and no ads!

This mag doesn't just cover food and recipes, it also covers nutrition, health and food around the world. Keep on top of the latest health news and nutrition tips.



Well researched and well written. Recommended for singles or families concerned with living and eating well.

My wife and I have 20+ years of Gourmet sorted by month (stopped subscribing about 8 years ago) and we subscribe to Eating Well. We find both useful with lots of good recipes, but the ones in Eating Well are healthier and every bit as tasty. We love the articles on making the foods healthier as well as product reviews. There is no comparison to the current Gourmet Magazine. Eating Well is far superior. The meals made from the recipes in the magazine are low in calories and fat and high in flavor.



We like the magazine so much that we have bought a subscription for our daughter and her husband for the last 2 years and they love it as well. They have enjoyed everything they have prepared from the magazine.

I have to disagree with the reviewer who compared this unfavorably to Cooking Light. I guess it depends on what you expect from a cooking magazine; me, I expect recipes and ideas for cooking. I'm often more than 100 pages into Cooking Light before the subject even comes up, after wading through countless lifestyle articles, notes on grooming, travel ideas, etc. etc. Eating Well is always very down to earth and focuses on just what its title says: eating well. I get five cooking magazines, but Eating Well is the only one I always read with bookmarks at hand, because I know there will be lots of recipes I want to mark to try.

I find that they really focus on one topic at a time and cover it well, then move on to smaller interests. They don't just give you a tid-bit of info on the main cover focus, which is nice. A good invesment for a year subscription. - Cooking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cooking - cooking cooking Cooking - cooking