Monday 20 September 2010

Custom Leathercraft - custom leathercraft, tool bag


I work in theater and trade shows. I like the bag and what it can hold. I dont care for what it cannot hold. It's pockets are very shallow, even though there are over sixty of them. Unless all of your tools are 4" long the bag wont hold it too snugly. Custom LeatherCraft 1132 75-Pocket Tool Backpack

All the pockets are great, but by the time I got all my drill bit containers in, there was no pocket big enough for my tape measure. Fully loaded it's really heavy. Probably won't be a problem for a man, but for an average sized woman it kills my back. I have to take my drill out to make it possible to carry it on site, at least I don't often have to use my drill, so no big deal. All in all, it's much better than having to carry 3 separate tool boxes.

This tool pack is perfect for technicians that need to have their hands free for climbing or whatever. It has many pockets and slots for nearly everything you'll need in the field, and if the slot isn't large enough, it's easy to cut out the stitching to customize it to fit you needs.

I am a marine electrician and have been using the tool backpacks since they've come out. The idea is great and there's room for most of my everyday hand tools but if I there was one thing I would change it would have to be the way the zippers and surrounding fabric is made. Over time once the bag breaks in the seems sag terribly and it puts so much strain on the zippers that they eventually begin to slip and seperate until you can't close them at all. Every one of my collegues owns one and will tell you the same thing. Once the zippers start missing, these backpacks are no longer dependable because you'll soon find tools missing that have fallen out. I understand this is good for CLC and Tool Pak because they'll sell more bags but when the inside of the bag still looks brand new I shouldn't be forced to repair or replace it due to a poor design on one very important part of the product. I'd love to see a better design in the future.

I hadseen this bag about 5 yrs ago but could not find it,I had looked everywhere including where the guy who had the one I had seen told me he bought it,which was at a Grainger store,but i could not find it,but now that i have it,I believe it is probably the single greatest investment I have gotten for my tool collection.I am an electrician in a union,IBEW Local 613 and probably my greatest gripe is having to dig through my whole tool bag or box,I have both,to find a tool,but with the backpack i no longer have that problem,everything is very organized and easy to get to,I truly enjoy my bag and I am constantly showing it off

I had read some questionable reviews on this bag but I really liked the idea of a tool backpack for my job so I gave it a try. As a previous reviewer said its only good for short tools and thats true theres lots of pockets for 4 inch tools. Anyway after about two months of full time use the one of the zippers gave out. The straps on this thing are the same as the ones found on a normal backpack used for school. Overall the construction is light duty and is not at all comparable to my other clc bag. I want to check out http://www.toolpak.com/ but I cant find enough info on it to determine if its any better.

Great idea, bad design. Although the pockets are neat and convenient, the back pack is uncomfortable. The weight of the drill and hardware case (when full) pulls the pack down and away from you. In addition, the shoulder straps are cheap and not well designed. It would help to have a chest strap to clip the two shoulder straps together like on the hiking packs. The pack is also too big and bulky. Back problems have occured. Im going back to my $40.00 NorthFace pack. Much more confy.

Nicely made, with plenty of storage, but if you fill all the wrench slots and load the various pockets with a full assortment of hand tools it weighs far too much to carry around, even without a power drill. I repair home appliances and found I have to leave out all but the items I use most often or I cant even lift it. So, with that in mind, I am working out how best to use it. It is well made, with strong stitching and tough material. Another issue is that when worn as a back back it slides off my shoulders, but that might be just me. Still not the "perfect" tool bag, I am going to keep looking I guess...

cons: won't zip shut if your drill is 14.4V or higher!! Compartments are too small. Unless you carry around a lot of small things, they are worthless. No labeling spots for little pockets: you will search a lot for your tape measure! Definitely gets heavy - the pack is too big. If you fill it, watch out. just OK construction, and for the amount of weight, this isnt good.



pros: the zippers seem good. the different layers move like turning pages, works nice. nice to keep hands free if your going up a lot of steps or a ladder -that part works.

I am a Communications Tech, and this back pack is awsome. I can have all the tools I could possibly need for any job all in one bag. Including my 18volt Drill. I just put it on my back and it leaves my hands free to carry all the other stuff I need, like boxes of wire. saves me trips back and forth to my truck. It is great. Although you may have to customise the pockets a little for some tools. This is the perfect tool bag! - Equipment - Tool Bags - Tool Bag - Custom Leathercraft'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Custom Leathercraft - custom leathercraft, tool bag equipment Custom Leathercraft - custom leathercraft, tool bag