Monday 30 August 2010

Mechanical Pencils


Seems I'm always wandering around looking for a pencil to use for my woodworking or hobbies. I finally bought this 24 count package, hid about 10 for myself and still have plenty to share with the family. Plenty of lead (3 full length in each pencil). These are inexpensive and have a consistent 0.5mm lead which I prefer for my uses. BIC Mechanical Pencil with Colorful Barrels, Fine Point (0.5 mm), 24 Pencils

My daughter went through a phase in school where she wanted mechanical pencils because that's what all the cool kids were doing. These were cheap, came with plenty of refills, and she liked the colors more than having plain ones.

I don't know why I like office supplies so much, but I'm obsessed.



These pencils are great, but if you've gotten used to using .7mm lead pencils, you may find yourself breaking the lead often.

Not that it matters- they're still pretty and perfect in every way!

There are 3 full pieces of lead in these pencils. They're not exactly gorgeous, but they're practical/function well. The lead is pretty strong and doesn't break all the time, which was the thing I loved most about these pencils. They've never jammed on me, the lead doesn't slide back up when it's too short, and they look decent. They're pretty nice for the price. They do, however, squeak. I don't really mind it, and it can be solved by breaking a piece of lead off with your fingernails, but it might annoy others. I'd definitely buy more, they do their job.



Good for school and people who care more about function than beauty. A warning to the male buyers though - there are some purplish-pink ones in the package.

If you are investigating these pencils, I suspect you are like the rest of us: you want a pencil that looks decent, performs well, and is inexpensive (because you tend to leave them around the house, in books, at the office, give them away, lose them, etc.). I've found these pencils fit the bill perfectly. I've been using them now for a few weeks, and they write well, erase well, look attractive, and the various colors on the barrel are fun. My one modest complaint is that the see-through plastic barrel can feel a bit insubstantial, slightly bendable. But I have big hands and a strong grip. I haven't broken one yet, though, and this is a very minor complaint. I love good mechanical pencils, and have used very expensive ones to branded disposable ones like these from office supply stores, and I much prefer these. I can use them, and lose them, with impunity. They are, to my mind, the best integration of value: performance, looks, and cost. If you know of any better, please let us know. Highly recommended.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mechanical Pencils Mechanical Pencils Mechanical Pencils