Friday 2 July 2010

Sata Cable - sata cable, power cables


Do not but this item!!! One side of the SATA connetor is so thin it's like a piece of tissue. Broke off when I plugged it in to the drive and would not stay plugged in. Just fell out of the mating connector. What a POS!!! Cables Unlimited SATA Right Angle Power Adapter Cable

Inserted into a drive this sticks out about 1/2 inch. By comparison, the right angle SATA data cable next to it sticks out just over half as much. In my case this sticks out just a bit too far for the case to go back together. Drat. Functionally it works just fine, the drive is working away with the case open.



I have a Western Digital My Book external drive in which the drive failed out of warranty. The external drive unit is built with the old Molex power connector, but the replacement drive I purchased only has a SATA power connector, thus the need for an adapter.

When replacing a power supply (so we would have enough watts for a new graphics card) we found that a regular connector wouldn't fit into the computer cabinet. This right-angle cable was just what we needed.

The cable works as needed, and is short enough not to get in the way. I didn't have any problems connecting it to my harddrive, but I was extremely delicate, so I can't speak to its idiot-proofing. It does the job. - Sata Cable - Power Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sata Cable - sata cable, power cables power cables Sata Cable - sata cable, power cables