Monday 19 July 2010

Apple Power Adapter - apple charger, apple power adapter


I received this charger 2 days after I ordered it; it shipped well, but immediately, straight out the box, the light began to flicker.

Within 15 minutes of use, it completely stopped working.



I called apple and got a replacement. You should try that. Unless you like sending packages back and getting refunds. 60W AC Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook Magsafe

I got the charger in the mail and it worked alright for about one day, and then started to malfunction. I would have my laptop on my lap, with the charger plugged in, and if I shifted my body or moved at all, it would stop charging. I kept having to unplug, and plug it back in for it to work. Before too long, (about a week and a half) it just stopped working all together. Just enough time had passed where I couldn't get my money back. How lovely. They are sending me a new one in the mail, but I've had to go to the Apple store and buy a new one for $85 because I needed to use my computer! Now I'll have two chargers. Great. This has all been one big headache. I should have just shelled out the $85 for a name brand product to begin with.

This worked great for two weeks, then got so hot you couldn't touch it. I was using my computer in bed one night, and sparks started to come out of the wall outlet. Not safe! I will stick to the Apple Store

Originally I had this plugged into a relatively new surge protector that sat on the floor and didn't notice anything wrong for a week or two. Then I brought it to a friend's house and plugged it into the wall only to see sparks shooting out of the charger! I've had the charger four months and now that I can no longer return it, it has stopped charging my computer even plugged into the surge protector. Not only that but it sparks when I move it, even just slightly. The tightness around the prongs and gravity of the surge protector being on the ground seems to be what was keeping it from setting my room on fire. I can no longer safely keep this product in my residence hall. I know it hurts, but spend the money and buy a new charger from Apple. It's not worth potentially burning down your house. Also, there is no way to add an extension to this charger cord.

I thought the price for a genuine Apple AC adapter was high, so I took a chance on this Brand X replacement. Big mistake! Not long past the 30-day return period, it started to work only intermittently. I had to jiggle the plug in the outlet to get a connection. Now, after less than four months of use, it does not work at all.



I wasted $22.00 on this, and ended up purchasing the genuine Apple replacement anyway.



Lesson learned.

There is a serious design flaw in the plug that connects to your computer. The cable is too small for the connection reinforcement--you know, the little rubber part that surrounds the area where the cable (wire) goes into the plug. Since the cable is too small in diameter for the reinforcement tunnel, the reinforcement does not work. IT DOES NOT KEEP THE WIRE FROM PULLING OUT OF THE PLUG. This is why they break either immediately, or very soon after the 30 day period. Like mine did. I realized there was a flaw, and used electrician tape to build some reinforcement, which helps. When it actually pulls out completely, I'll use shrink wrap to build a proper reinforcement, and reconnect it correctly. If you don't want to do that, just go buy one with the appropriate connector design.

I ordered this adapter two times and it sucks! The first time it wouldn't charge unless the computer was turned off, so they sent me a second one. The 2nd one worked for about a month before the cord near the magnet ripped! I do not move my adapter around so there should be no reason why it got so worn out so quickly!! Do not get this item!!

I ordered two days ago this charger, and not only IT IS NOT AN APPLE ITEM, but its broken and DOES NOT CHARGE MY COMPUTER. I've been conned. Absolutely UNVELIEVABLE that Amazon backs these guys. I will be expecting feedback from the seller! Because I wont even make the trip to the post office to return this. I EXPECT MY MONEY BACK!!!!! - Apple Charger Macbook - Apple Charger - Magsafe - Apple Power Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Apple Power Adapter - apple charger, apple power adapter apple charger Apple Power Adapter - apple charger, apple power adapter