Monday 17 May 2010

Movado Fiero


I have this watch for a few weeks now. I use it as a daily time-keeping tool, so it is on my wrist regularly just like the cellular phone I carry in my pocket. I've had my eye on Movadoes for quite some time. The typical Movado watch design is ... unique? The characteristic one solitary dot, the Movado dot, at 12 o'clock on a blank dial has almost become a symbol for Movado watches and it may be attractive to some people, but to me it is not. The Movado Fiero Tungsten Carbide Chronograph however is a relatively new release and it is different from most of its kith and kin. This watch sets itself among the ones with the facade design that I am used to aesthetically. Besides the brand name, this Fiero has the features of a luxury watch as well: the styles, the workmanship, the quality of material and of course the cost too. The watch is heavy. As a matter of fact I don't particularly like heavy watches. Its heavy weight comes from the material that the watch is made of, tungsten carbide. This metal material is high in density and heavy in weight. You don't get the extra mass for nothing though. The tungsten carbide has brought with it the mirror quality luster and mind-appeasing scratch-resistance. If you enjoy these superiorities, just try to live with a few more grams that the compound naturally gives. This Movado Fiero 605992 counts 11 millimeters in case thickness. My shirt sleeve cuff can move up and down freely without having the watch getting in the way. I feel comfortable wearing this watch, the crown knob on the right side of it doesn't jut against the back of my hand when the wrist is stretching up. I can't tell how accurate this watch can get by number of seconds per month in deviation because I don't have an appropriate timing device to compare with. It is accurate enough for me, I should say, as this watch gives the same time reading as the broadcasting radio stations do every time I listened to them so far. After all it is of quartz movement, accuracy shouldn't be much of a problem, should it?



I have no major complaint thus far against this Movado Fiero. If any, maybe that concerns its waterproof level and the cost to own it. Water resistance with this watch goes up to 30 meters (roughly 100 feet) - only good for withstanding a brief water splash. Swimming with it is out of the question.



If you like this watch anyway but are baffled by the price for it, then go shopping around. Chances are that you may come across a merchant that can offer a very competitive price that you finally are willing and able to accept. Movado Men's 605992 Fiero Tungsten Carbide Chronograph Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Movado Fiero Movado Fiero Movado Fiero