Sunday 30 May 2010

Laptop Or Pc To Tv - pc vga to tv converter, laptop or pc to tv


August 24, 2007

I was looking to play some video games from my laptop to my TV. I'm pretty computer and electronic savvy with things like this.... However, right when I got it, I set it up, turned it on and..... Nothing but the color lines of the converter... and flickering of my laptop screen (which was extremely hard to make out), The display is not good for the weak of stomach... I tried to adjust the screen on the converter to clear it up but that didn't make any difference... There was no software that came with this, suppose to be plug and play.... Well for me its plug and flicker... I can't believe I wasted my money on this thing. Maybe it's because it's a laptop. I'll try with my main PC and some other systems I have to see if it works there and do a 2nd review. So far for the LAPTOP, (which is what I wanted it to work on), this product and a complete waste of money, and may just sit in the closet as a dust collector.



UPDATE: September 05, 2007

****New rating 4 of 5****

I had an ealier low rating for this product, well I did finally get the product to work and it looks good on the television screen. Here's what you'll need to do. Set your laptop or PC to the 800X600 resolution next plug in the converter, make sure all other cables are pluged in as well (and definately remember to plug in the USB cable into the laptop or PC that you are using, otherwise it WON'T work), then reboot your laptop/PC. After your PC reboots the screen should display on your Television. Hope that helps all those that had tons of trouble with this. But that is what I did and it's working as designed. No software needed just do the things above and you will be set. Other wise goole "TV OUT" and your PC/laptop brand and it should give you some links on how to setup your PC to display out to a TV using a converter box. ITV-900 PC to TV Converter

I bought this device so I could use my 42" Plasma as a monitor in my front room. I hooked the unit up exactly as the easy to read instructions outlined using the provided S-Video cable and it worked the first time. I did have to make some adjustments to the screen setting for size and sharpness but that was to be expected. The only complaint I have is that when I change inputs on the TV and then come back to the input that the converter is attached to I have to adjust the screen size one tick on the converter so that the PC tool bar shows up at the bottom. The picture is good though. I did watched a movie from Netflix Watch it Now and it looked pretty good. It was not HD quality of course but it was clear and crisp with no wierd anomallies, or grainyness. I was looking at the more expensive converters, but thought I would give this one a chance first. So far it was a good choice.

It works. Iamge quality is acceptable. However, it took me a little bit time to figure out. The product design is not very ergonomic. VGA INPUT and VGA OUTPUT port look exactly the same. Be aware that the color of the VGA cord, which is inclued in the package, doesn't match. SUPPOSED TO BE BLUE (CORD) TO BLUE (VGA PORT). IN FACT, IT IS BLUE TO BLACK. Plus, for who wants to watch video on TV, your video card setting is crucial, especially the ATI users. This converter shoud work for any kind of video card if you get the right setting. Enjoy your big screen.

I was able to get the converter to work right out of the box ( I just had to restart my computer with the converter plugged in so my laptop computer would recognize that a VGA cable was plugged in to the back). The device works fine, I watch movies from netflix without a problem at at all. This product works as intended, it deserves 5 stars, but here's why people give it a low rating: This product converst your VGA image to TV standard (which can have 1/4 of the pixels of your monitor!!) So everything WILL LOOK LESS SHARP THAN YOUR MONITOR, INCLUDING WRITTING. I've played QUAKE, watched movies and looked at my wedding pictures on my TV. Letters on the screen are a problem though, on my internet explorer zoom (lower right corner of your window), I had to set it to 150% to be able to read the writing on the netflix website, this is expected though, based on the TV's image resolution, and not a defect of the product. If you expect better results, buy an HD tv, then your fonts will be legible at the normal size. Also, setting your resolution to 800x600 makes your screen the same aspect ration of your TV screen (4/3) and makes your images not distort distorted.

I bought this PC to TV convertor to watch DVD movies from my laptop and use my TV for occasional browsing. You would probably need an audio cable with this product to connect to your TV, otherwise use good Laptop speakers. This product delivers what it says. I bought a wireless keyboard immediately after this product. Will recommend this product to my friends

It is cheap and it works very well! Man if your computer does not have s-video output and you wanna use it with a tv this is a very good choice. Of course you need a tv with s-video input or other input jack that the coverter supports.

It does show the pc image on the tv, I mean to a composite or s-video connection.

But it could be a better image and it could give you more options, although one should not expect more from the cheapest item in its class.

The icons and text appear too small in the tv screen but I havent seen any other converter work, so I cant compare.

I got this to be able to play computer games on tv, and it does work for that.

it is not the best out there, but it gets the job done.

Ok im going to start with the pro's then go to the con's I bought this item to play [...] on my 40 inch TV since we cant afford cable any more and I don't wanna sign a 2 year contract with a dish service and after 7 months of no scifi channel or mtv was driving me insane this item works perfect as advertised I just got it today and it only took me 3 min to hook up if you have taken down a computer and put it back up you can set this thing up no problem and if not it includes directions that are very straight forward just so you know



NTSC is united states standard for video for those who don't know you may need to know that before setting this up



any way the worst part was moving my desk top closer to the tv had to rearrange my whole living room but thats my problem not yours if you have a lap top this will be much easier for you it converts the video from VGA to Svideo or composite no problem at all, I had no issues with a grainy or static picture at all and adjusting the video to fit the tv was very very simple a press of a couple arrows



The Bad: your monitor screen was never meant to be displayed so large so watching a video or [...] was no problem because the Hulu website software automatically adjusts to the screen size but the standard windows screen will not so the Icons or the Lettering is very very hard to read and unless you want to always be pressing the zoom feature on the VGA converter which for me was inconvenient because I had to walk all the way across the room this will not be sufficient in replacing your computer Monitor



On the plus side because I moved the my desktop closer to the tv there is also a VGA out which splits the VGA signal two ways so i was able to have the tv connected the same time as the computer and just run both off the same signal so it wasn't a complete loss it did what I needed it to do and at a great price so no complaints from me



so far it works nice ive tested it for a few hours I cant say how well it holds up yet with continuous use but I can definitely say it does what I need it to do they were quick with shipping and it arrived nice well packaged and never been opened in original packaging even and it seems sturdy as long as it isn't placed in a spot were it will get banged around a lot I see no reason why it wouldn't last for years - Pc Vga To Tv Converter - Converter - Pc To Tv Converter - Laptop Or Pc To Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Or Pc To Tv - pc vga to tv converter, laptop or pc to tv converter Laptop Or Pc To Tv - pc vga to tv converter, laptop or pc to tv