Thursday 15 April 2010

Best Comforter Ever - best comforter ever, comforter


I had been looking for a good, affordable down or down alternative comforter for a while. I'd been sleeping with a regular comforter and was tired of having to sleep under a pile of blankets to stay warm.



I came across this comforter and I liked the reviews, so I decided to give it a try.



Man, am I glad that I did!



The first thing that I noticed when I opened the box was how beautiful it was! It's bright white, and the fabric is very soft and smooth, and has just the right amount of crispness to it. The white has a subtle floral pattern to it that is super cute.



The comforter itself is big and fluffy! It is heavy, but in a light way, if that makes sense. It is made with baffle box construction so that all of the filling stays in place. It is well made. It feels like a luxurious down comforter.



It is warm enough that you can sleep under just it and a sheet and stay very toasty. I turn my heat down at night to save money, and I don't like to wear heavy pajamas to bed. With this comforter, I never get cold. Since I got this comforter, I hate to get out of bed in the mornings.



it might be too warm for you if you live in a warm climate, or if you keep your house very warm at night. Also, if you wear very thick pajamas, you might find it too warm. For the rest of us, though, I think it's perfect, and I don't think you can find a better comforter for the price! Beyond Down Gel Fiber Comforter, Full/Queen

Amazon's description of this duvet is accurate in measurements but should be listed as overstuffed. It keeps you comfortable when you're asleep but is on the heavy side. It's a lot thicker than the picture shows but I still think it's a good buy & Amazon does have the shipping weight at 9 lbs. so I expected it to be somewhat heavy. I like the thickness and wish it were a little lighter weight but that's not worth knocking any stars. I would recommend and would purchase again if necessary. VERY SOFT! I was a little worried about putting a flannel cover on it because flannel is bad about pilling but after putting on and taking off a few days later very few pills were left on the duvet and those brushed right off. I haven't tried machine washing yet but will add comments later to let you know how it holds up during the machine cycle. Also the package claims the product has a 10 year warranty, can't remember if this is listed in Amazon's description but is a definite plus.

This comforter is soft and comfortable and well made. However, it's very very warm. We generally keep our house between 65 - 70 degrees F at night and sleep only under this comforter, but almost every night we wake up soaked in sweat because it's so so very hot. The fill rating is not listed anywhere with this product, so it's hard to know what you're getting when you order it. We're ordering a different one with a lower fill rating.

We do not sleep with the heater on in winter and the interior temperature in our house is usually around the mid-50s. My wife bought this comforter after reading all the good reviews but we were disappointed when we unpacked the item. First of all, the fill in each baffle box is extremely uneven. Some are puffy and full. Many are not only thin but lumped to one side of the box, leaving areas with nothing but the two sheet of cover fabric in my hand. Then, many of the stitches across the baffle box did not even sewn through leaving big gaps for the fill materials to migrate. We were just about to return it but instead we decided to skip the hassle and keep it in the guest room.

I got this for my mom, who needed a warm washable comforter -- she's 87 and has parkinson's and the cold pains her. Our only complaint is that the down shifts in the cells, and you have to fluff it to redistribute it.

I bought this comfortor to go with our new duvet, and I was worried that it would be too thick and bulky. Not this one. It's thick enough to fill out the duvet, but thin enough not to overpower the bed. I read reviews that this was a really warm comforter for its thickness, and I agree...it is really really warm. My husband or I are always throwing off the comfortor in the middle of the night...in the winter with no heater going and the ceiling fan on. It's REALLY warm. I like that there are no feathers to poke out and disturb my sleep, and the down gel fiber is really lightweight, making the comforter easy to move in and not get lost. I would highly recommend this for cold sleepers.

My husband and I love this comforter so far. We received it 2 nights ago and have loved every minute we are in bed. We even lowered the heat to 66 so far and we usually have it any where from 69 to 70 degrees. Tonight I am going to go for 65. It has been way below freezing here. I mean in the teens. We are not feeling it at all with this comforter. I am not understanding why some people say it is heavy. It is light and fluffy but keeps you toasty warm. It is very hard to get out of bed in the morning. That is a warning!!!! LOL

So soft and fluffy. It is so inviting every time I pass the bed!!!! Expensive, but it does have a 10 year warranty. Also I was thinking, what if we lost our electric in the winter. This would keep us warm and get us through. A suggestion from me is, don't make your bed right after you get out of it. Everyone perspires while sleeping. No matter what you use to cover and no matter what season it is. Air your bed out by flipping the top part down towards the foot of the bed for at least a 1/2 hour.

I would highly recommend!

Yes, this comforter is very warm and cozy. It is nice knowing this will hold up well after machine washing, since my dog likes to take naps in my bed while I'm at work (tested by Good Housekeeping, and was listed number two for alternative (faux) down comforter). - Down Alternative - Comforter - Warm - Best Comforter Ever'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Best Comforter Ever - best comforter ever, comforter warm Best Comforter Ever - best comforter ever, comforter