Saturday 20 February 2010

Liquid Ink Highlighters - school supplies, fluorescent


I'm an avid school supply shopper, mainly pens and highlighters, purely because I'm just this HUGE school supply geek. Usually, I use Pentel because I trust the brand so all of the pens and pencils I use are Pentel. However, one day I decided to branch out and use Bic. I use Bic pens sometimes so I decided "why not?" Plus, the brand is inexpensive so I wouldn't waste too much on it if I didn't like them.



So I bought these because I needed new highlighters. These highlighters certainly get the job done. They don't really bleed through but you CAN see the color on the other side of the paper so this wouldn't be great if you'd consider that a distraction. The design is very sleek so I liked that because it doesn't take up a lot of space. So, if you're not looking for anything special I suggest that you buy these. They're inexpensive and are all you really need to get the job done rather than any fancy highlighters.



However, the colors were not bright enough for me. I like highlighters that have color that just pop out in your face and sort of make you look at them. These highlighters don't do that for me. The pink is especially too pale for my taste. I did like the orange but it still isn't bright enough for me. Now, if bright bright bright highlighters give you a headache, then these are completely fine. I'm not saying anything is wrong with them but if you like bright highlighters, like myself, then I don't recommend them. Otherwise, I don't see why one shouldn't. BIC Brite Liner, Assorted Colors (5-Pack)

I bought these because of the design. Most highlighters are short and flat, but this one is more like a pen. I haven't had any problems with my green one because I don't use it very often. For being a highlighter, it is very dark and it usually soaks through the page.

I don't know where the negative reviews are coming from. Although I didn't buy these on Amazon, they are the same thing and the quality is great! I have had mine for a while and they have never dried out or leaked. I like the array of colors and the fact that I can use one color for each class, making my planner easier to read. I just bought another pack today to make sure I'm stocked. Affordable, good quality, and has ever let me down!

Are highlighters old school? Maybe, but I like them. I've been using Sharpie Accents for years. I was attracted to the Brite Lighters because a) they have a nice selection of colors and b) I've always found Bic to be a solid, reputable brand. But these highlighters are terrible ! And I didn't just end up with a bad batch. The ink literally runs out within a week or two of use

and one is stuck with a dried up non-usable marker. I must admit I'm surprised, because Bic pens have always been fairly reliable-- but it's back to Sharpies for me.

The yellow is fine, but the remaining colors are pretty cheap. The orange is a bit too dark to be called a highlighter, more like crossing something out with an orange pen. For the price I paid, I guess its OK. Sharpe highlighers are a bit higher quality.

I am constantly highlighting texts, both for school and personal use. I have tried various highlighters over the years, and the yellow Bic Brite Liner is far and above my favorite. In case you are a little confused by the various ways Bic Brite Liners are described on the many different options available from Amazon (I know I was), you will receive a total of 72 highlighters in two different boxes of six packs (36 highlighters per box) with this particular product. Since I recently spent around $5 dollars for a single six pack (like the ones inside each box), I can say that this is definitely a GREAT DEAL. Note: the price has close to doubled since I bought mine, but it is still a tremendous savings over retail.

The pens arrived in awesome time and they work just fine. But the construction, grip, and overall feel just isn't as good as it used to be. I see other folks have had poor longevity with this product. I will wait to see how these fare, but I can tell that they are not really well built. Oh well, they were like 2 bucks so I can live with that.

This is a great assortment of colors of highlighters. They are slim which I really like and very bright colors. They are cheaper here than in the store too. Perfect for highlighting notes and for using with word searches. - Highlighters - Highlighter - Fluorescent - School Supplies'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Liquid Ink Highlighters - school supplies, fluorescent highlighter Liquid Ink Highlighters - school supplies, fluorescent