Monday 15 February 2010

Corolla Door Handle - handle, corolla


Great price, and a quick and easy installation. A very slight difference in the color shade from my original handle, but that's probably because my old ones are a bit faded from parking in the sun. It's certainly close enough for a 14 year old car, and the fit is perfect. The only thing keeping me from giving this five stars is that it didn't come with instructions, but a quick search of Google and eHow did the trick. Also worth noting are the previous few comments -- it does NOT come with a mounting screw, and the job is much easier if you don't drop the rod inside the door panel. If only all car repairs were this simple and inexpensive! Dorman 79500 Interior Left Hand Door Handle

Just what I was looking for, and it fits perfectly.

Just unscrew the old broken handle, and insert the new one, no need to take the whole door panel off.

Simply 5 minute do it yourself job.

Toyota dealership wanted $40 for the same thing.

I got mine in two days with prime membership too!

Thanks!

This handle is exactly like the OEM. It fit perfectly, and only took one minute to replace. You do NOT need to remove the entire door panel to replace this handle. Just remove the screw in the center of the handle and slide the handle towards the front (towards the dash). It will unclip from the door frame. Then just remove the rod from the small yellow clip. Don't drop the rod, or you will have to fish it out from the door frame. Pop the new one on the same way and BOOM, your done!

I'm a relatively handy person but car repair can be daunting - even cosmetic things. I've been riding round with two missing interior door handles for the past 5-6 months. Both driver side handles gave out and I've been pulling on the little metal hook to open the doors since. I snapped these new handles in, screwed in one screw and was back in action! I really wish the handles came with a spare screw as I had lost mine. *If your handle gives out, KEEP the screw until you can order these! I'm sure I saved a ton of money by doing this myself.

When the door handle to my 2000 Toyota Corolla broke, I wasted a week corresponding with people on Craig's List and junk yards to no avail. I can't believe I found this on Amazon! It matches my car perfectly and was easy to install (thanks YouTube)!

I'm really happy with this item, super fast delivery, very nice package to protect the item from being damage, the instructions on the package were so clear I installed in 5 minutes, it took more time to extract the broken one than install the new one. The color of the handle match perfectly, no body can tell the handle was replaced. I'm honestly very happy with the purchase and will not hesitate to buy again from Dorman.

Thank you so much,

Federico



PS- I forgot to mention the price, which it was great too!...No complains, highly recommended.

Not an exact match to the OEM color/size/quality on my '99 Corolla, but it fits fine and functions well. It's not OEM price and that's all I cared about.



I didn't remove the entire door panel, just the 1 screw in the handle, slide handle towards front of car, pull out. The little white plastic retainer rotates to release the metal bar. I couldn't figure it out until I saw the replacement, but it's quite easy. Snap the new handle in, place back in door, replace screw. Took me 5 minutes.



I'll update this review if I have any durability problems.

I was looking for a door handle for my 2002 Chevrolet Prizm, but could not find one in tan made specifically for that model. Since the Chevy Prizm is really a Toyota Corolla with a different name and grille, I took a chance on this part and was pleased to find that it was a perfect replacement. The part has a quality feel and installation was fairly easy with a screwdriver and needle nosed pliers. One hint is to make sure to have the door lock in the locked position. It makes pulling the wire that connects to the handle easier. - Corolla - Handle - Interior - Door Handle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Corolla Door Handle - handle, corolla corolla Corolla Door Handle - handle, corolla