Friday 1 January 2010

Chain Saws


We had a late spring, very wet snow that took down many trees and branches. This light-weight chain saw is exactly what I wanted for trimming and clean-up. Easy to use and very powerful for such a small chain saw. I just cut down a 5-6" thickness tree with no problem. I love not being tethered to a cord. The battery lasts as long as I do so it's a good match. ;-) Black & Decker LCS120 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chain Saw

This is the single best purchase ever! This chainsaw works GREAT!

It's very light weight, and cuts easily. I had a 14" gas chainsaw and this works just as good. It's so easy to use even my wife was able to cut a large woody shrub stump below grade by herself. I had a tree break in half during a storm, it took two days to completely clear it from the yard. It would have been done in a few hours, but I only had one battery. The battery lasts about 20-30 minutes with normal timber to cut. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone looking a chainsaw. However, buy an additional battery, you will be glad you did because once you get going with this, you won't want to stop. My acre is backed by woods and over the years they have crept onto the property. I've had this saw for about a month and have run out of things to cut with it.

Great product as well as a great system from Black & Decker. They have multi tools available for the 20v line. The chain saw works great for small jobs. Battery life is great. The best part, if you have more tools from the 20v family, you will have several extra batteries and chargers.

With a yard full of suckering wild plums and chokecherries needing yearly thinning, this little saw takes over when the pruning is beyond lopper capacity. I, Miss Old Lady Absolutely Totally Non Mechanical, cut down a peach tree that didn't overwinter, sliced off the little branches, and sawed it into pickup-bed-size lengths in about half an hour. Ta daaah!



Saved $$ over having a service come in, not to mention, no worries about big boots trampling the perennials. (OK, I trampled some, but hey.)



The how-to-put-it-together instructions were a little challenging to follow, because I never do that sort of thing; but everything went together well.

It is almost impossible to do it wrong.



Since I hate gasoline engines, cannot make them work, I also use the B&D cordless lawnmower - love it! and the cordless weed trimmer. Just plug 'em in, and you are good to go.

I bought this chainsaw in order to trim trees in my front and back yards. The lifespan of the battery usually lasts around 20 to 30 minutes. It is extremely difficult to finish any sort of pruning job in that amount of time. The actual power of the chainsaw is awesome, but I have been very disappointed with the length of time that I can use it.

This is a great little saw. Just don't expect it to do a gas saw's job. It'll cut three inch branches but let the saw do the work and don't force it. After the first charge it will recharge in about an hour. It's designed for trim work and not for cutting firewood. With the lithium-ion battery you'll have power to the last cut before needing a recharge. Knowing it's limitations, I'd buy one if I didn't have one.

This chain saw is very easy to use. The only detrement or negative factor is that it does not stay charged for very long.



It does small jobs very well.



I would recommend this chain saw for small jobs.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Chain Saws Chain Saws Chain Saws