Wednesday 6 January 2010

Cell Phone Cover - holsters, case


I've had my BlackBerry Torch for a total of 9 days and the OtterBox Commuter case for a week (7 days exactly), and I've dropped my phone exactly three times since I've had the case, and each time the front plate fell off, not doing much to protect the phone. Now today, the third time I've dropped my phone, the thinnest, flimsiest piece of plastic I've ever seen that holds the front plate onto the phone just broke off. The front part of the case no longer even stays on my phone, and is virtually unusable.

I really liked the case at first; at least everything but the front plate. Not only did it fail epically at protecting the phone, but it was slightly annoying, because after two days of using my phone and becoming comfortable and familiar with it, the case blocked the buttons on the front just enough to make me have to relearn how to hit them with ease. I'm not saying I expect any case to fit my phone perfectly without affecting the way I use it, but it just adds to my frustration with this case. The bottom part is pretty okay; it seems to protect the phone pretty well, and I could access all of my buttons and jacks with ease (including the lock button, which other users have had issues with)and I'm considering just using it without the front-plate, but if all possible, I want my money back, because I think it's *UTTERLY RIDICULOUS* that a case that's supposedly made to protect a phone breaks after the slightest drops. Otterbox BlackBerry Torch Commuter Series Case

Terrible case. Flimsy, falls off easily, feels cheap. Very disappointing. Don't waste your money on this one. Mine broke within 2 weeks, and the top portion covering the sliding part of the phone, would never stay on. Hard to believe a company that makes such a great product would take a nap on this one. I know sliders must be difficult to encase, but this is ridiculous.

The bottom portion of the case is so tight it presses all the buttons and causes the phone to lock itself. Sometimes removing the phone from the case solves the problem, other times I have to pull out the battery and put it back in again for the phone to function. I haven't had problems with the front cover coming undone since I've only had it for a few hours. I love my Blackberry Torch, but when I put it in the Otterbox it becomes an over priced paper weight in a paperless world.

I'll write it AGAIN. DO NOT BUY.



This is not the first time I buy an Otterboy for my Blackberry. The first one I bought was for my old Bold, wich was great. I recently changed my phone and I'm not gonna lie to you, I went straight to otterbox to buy my case, didn't even hesitate to buy it. The thing is when it finally arrived, it came in a AT&T package that was al torn up, and the front part of the case didn't even snap on. There goes 25 bucks to the trash. Very dissappointed.

i have purchased severalotterbox products in the past and have never been upset.boy was that not the case this time the product looks fantastic out of the box its made of great meterials and seems durable but i had some trouble getting it on my phone but hey that happens at first i couldnt figure out what was wrong the keyboard wouldnt work on my phone i kept having to take the battery out after about five times i left the case off and the phone worked fine (its a new phone mind u)so when i put the case back on and it happened again this time it locked my phone right up and when i tried to unluck it it wiped my phone granted thats not to blame on otterbox but the reason for this was the case is so tight on the top of the phone it puts pressure on the lock button and freezes the phone its deff a major design flaw i tried to trim the inner rubber case to to take the pressure of the button and now the phone simply wont stay in the case so dont try that i went to the otterbox website to complain and there was about fifty other coments on how it did the same thing to there phones and they couldnt figure out why so if ur like me and buy this product simply bye the name otterbox has made for themselves u will be dissapointed to say the least please take my word for it because the case itself costs a good penny and this one time in this one case otterbox has made a design flaw and im sure they will either recall it or redisign the product i hope this helps a few peeps i wish i checked the reveiws on this product before i purchased it

I'd read good reviews of this case on other websites so I ignored the negative reviews on Amazon and ordered it anyway. What a mistake! I agree with everything said in Avi's review -- the case was so tight, it pressed all the buttons and made everything freeze so that I was unable to use the phone at all.



On a good note, I was able to return the case to Amazon for a full refund, without any hassle... love the great customer service.

When I received this case, for my BlackBerry Torch 9800, and tried to insert my cell into it, I could only get it to go in with difficulty. The case has "foam-like" covers over the BB side/top buttons, but they cause the phone to beep continuously and to lock-up. If you remove the padding on the inside of the case, to stop the buttons being pressed, the outer hard case is too loose and the phone can fall out easily. Save your money and put it toward a GOOD case, like one from Sena or Piel. This one is total junk.

Well I received the otterbox 4 weeks ago the sceen protector it came wit went on perfectly. The case took some tweeking to get it just right. I dropped it once while sittng on my sofa

It protected the phone but crtacked the case in the upper left corner. The case still works but creaks while making a call

And holding it.

I bought two otter box for my BB TORCH. This is one of the worst purchases I've made.

the front of the case it breaks easily and the back of the case lock my phone constantly.

I would not recommend it

dont waist your money!!! - Blackberry Torch 9800 - Holsters - Case - Cell Phone Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cell Phone Cover - holsters, case case Cell Phone Cover - holsters, case