Saturday 19 December 2009

Sound Bar


First, Amazon is one of the best out there for price, selection and shipping!



The HT-D6730w is very good for the price and seems to have corrected the problems that you may have read about by the end users of the HT-C6930W.



The sound is as good as my 8 year old Onkyo system which cost $1500. Although my Onkyo is better built with polished aluminum speakers/AV and a AC power sub (the Samsung is high gloss piano finished plastic) the processing for surround seems to work better with this Samsung system. (Modern technology) at it best ;-)



The system is very well packed in its box and took me as much time to unpack it as it did to set up, about an hour from start to finish and looks/sounds great with my 65 DLP TV.



I was a little confused looking at the picture and only counting 5 speakers plus sub; how could it be 7.1 The two front tower speakers is 2 separate speakers in 1. Therefore by counting them twice you come up with 7 plus the sub. The 2 rear wireless speakers have wires that go to the wireless AC power module and then it communicates with the AV receiver wireless across the room. The sub does not require a separate AC plug-in, which was surprising to me, however works very well.



The blue-ray player does not have a pop out tray, but direct feed like a CD player in a car. The up scaling works great and standard DVD's looks as good as HD. The 2D to 3D is not bad either. I put in Polar Express (standard DVD) movie and clicked on 2D to 3D along with the 3D sounds and my kids just loved it ;-). One button push on the remote to get to Netflix is another plus.



Again, for the price this is a very good system! Samsung Electronics HT-D6730W Home Theater System

Overall it is an awesome unit and a good price. I agree with most everyone's 5 star reviews. The user interface is great, the online features are awesome (go Netflix!), 3D movies are spectacular, and the sound quality is good. I especially like the form factor. It is a thin receiver with built in 3D blu-ray. I like the small footprint. My only gripe and the reason why I gave it only 4 stars is that I found that the tower speakers look and feel cheap. They did not stand up perfectly strait (leaned forward a bit) and event though they were on level ground they had some give/sway to them. It is all very plastic. Mine may have been damaged in shipping but it is hard to tell. Either way, overall I would recommend these for the price and user experience. It works great with Samsung TVs.

Bought this mostly for three reasons:

1. So I wouldn't have any compatibility problems with my Samsung TV

2. Rear wireless speakers (although not true wireless, sure beats having wires or having to running wires across the living room)

3. Tallboy front speakers. (I have my TV mounted on the wall, so having these tall speakers helps the room look proportional. And I don't have to buy speaker stands for them)



Obviously if you are looking for a system with the best sound quality there are better products out there in this price range, but I was looking for a specific set of features.

During my research to find a stereo system that had the perfect blend of qualities, features, and price I came to the conclusion that this was the perfect one for what I was looking for.

I've had this product now for about a month, and have no complaints. The 3D blu-ray works well with my TV, I like the Ipod/Iphone cradle that it comes with to play my tunes, the sounds are rich and full, and am impressed with all the little online features the system offers.

The only thing I didn't like about this was the depth of the blu-ray player/receiver. I had to cut out the back of my display case/shelf, that I use to place all my electronics on, more than usual for this device. I thought drilling a hold in the back for all the wires would suffice, but had to cut a lot more to provide enough space for the device.

All in all, I would recommend this product for those looking for the above features.

It's a Really good system. I had to turn off my HDMI Deep Color off to work with my Projector. I thought it was the system. So i sent it back Amazon sent me another one real quick. That one did the same thing, so I called Samsung customer service they said I had a another defective system. I turned off that HDMI Deep Color Off and Presto, It works like a Charm. I always order my stuff through Beach Audio or JR Audio and it comes with in 3 to 5 days, but I save like about 1 to 2 Hundred every purchase. The Sound isn't all that loud but My wife kinda likes it that way. I have my 360 and computer hooked up but I always need 1 more HDMI Input, but nothing a splitter wouldn't Fix. Very Nice System Overall. A must buy if you like all kinds of cool features Like AllShare,NetFlix and YouTUBE.

We love the sound of the system but the wireless speakers would not work after many attempts and calling Samsung. We sent the receiver and wireless speakers back to Samsung per their instructions, received them back two weeks later. Hooked it all up and they worked for about two minutes. Very disappointing. Now we have to send it back again. When you spend that much for a system and what you think is a quality brand it is very upsetting. We had a panasonic wireless system in the past and wish we would have done that route again, never had these issues with it.

For the middle $600 range I expected more than I got, particularly since it was highly rated in Consumer Reports. I am going to send this unit back.



The stereo effect is good but otherwise the sound quality is what you would expect of a $250 boom box. Sibilants are a bit hissy, distortion at the mid-range is higher than I would like. Woofer adds good bass, but it is muddy on the low notes of a stand-up bass or a pipe organ.



It detects when you turn the TV off (presumably through a signal in the HDMI cable) and it turns itself off. But it DOESN'T automatically turn itself back on. You have to switch it on separately. It is a real effort to avoid sarcasm when looking at this glaring omission.



The product seems more designed to sell Samsung Internet services and other devices than to fit well into an ad hoc collection of TV, DVR and sound system.



If you are a Tivo user be aware that there is no remote control code available for this Samsung unit, so you need to juggle one remote control for volume and mute and another to control the TiVo.



Finally it came as a surprise to me that the "wireless" rear speakers are not truly wireless although they do use less wire. There is a wireless receiver that plugs into the wall at a distance and then feeds the speakers through speaker wires. I guess this is par for the course for home theater systems, but I wish it were better described.



On the plus side, it was easy to connect the Samsung built=in wireless to my Airport Express wireless router.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sound Bar Sound Bar Sound Bar