Wednesday 23 December 2009

Highly Recommended - aqua sphere, goggle


I have been swimming regularly for than 20 years in the US and overseas, so I have tried many goggles. The reviews on Amazon made great claims and it is difficult to find my favorite Japanese goggle in the US, so I gave Aqua Sphere a try. The reviews are correct. It is comfortable, does not leak, and the FOV is wider than other goggles I have used. The strap is robust (the strap is the first thing to fail on my best goggles). The hardest part was threading the strap through the retainer: no instructions, and I had to use a pliers to pull it through. Once that was done (no, the strap did not tear or break), adjustment is a cinch. There is no need for the strap to be very tight, and the goggle will not be comfortable if you tighten it too much. I have a high nose and many goggles not only do not fit me but are positively uncomfortable. The nose bridge of Aqua Sphere is soft and does not hurt my nose. As for fog, I continue to do what I have done for many years: use a drop of liquid soap on each lens and on my finger, spread it very gently over the lens, and rinse only until no bubbles appear. You must be careful not to scratch the lens with your fingernail. This method works for at least 40 minutes of swimming in all conditions I have encountered. This is a world class product. Aqua Sphere Kaiman Swim Goggle (Regular, Clear Lens/Transparent Frame)

I bought two pairs of these goggles (size small) for my 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old daughters as a result of reading so many good reviews. The single-molded eye piece design is a huge improvement over the cheap Speedo goggles I tried first with the separate nose bridge piece holding the two lenses together. Those never stayed on!



By far, the best feature of these goggles is the easy strap adjusment. Gone are the days of feeding flimsy straps through buckles, trying the goggles on to see if the fit is right and repeating the process if it isn't. Put these on a little loose, then simply pull on the straps as you're wearing them to tighten to the desired fit. This is essential if you are putting them on a child. (Perhaps adults can set them to size the first time, then take them off and put them on again without resizing. But with my kids, I'm always loosening them to get them off without them complaining. But I don't mind since they are so easy to tighen the next time.)



Also, the strap on these goggles doesn't tug at my kids' hair when taking them on and off like the rubber straps on the cheaper goggles. The split strap design helps them stay in place much better too.



My only small complaint is I noticed scratches on the lenses after only a few uses, despite that I think I read the lenses are scratch-resistant. They are handled by my kids which probably explains it, but I'm good about putting them away in the original packaging when we are finished with them. The good thing is I looked through the goggles myself and it doesn't appear that the scratches obstruct your view when wearing them. You can just see the scratches when looking at the surface of the lenses.



I would definitely buy these again.

This is the best swim goggle I ever tried. It is comfortable, seals completely, and easy to adjust. The only drawback is that the curved lens distorts more than goggles with flat lenses but I can certainly live with that. My wife and daughter also love their Kaiman goggles.

When I received these, I loved them. They fit very comfortably and when I used them they did not leak at all. When I went underwater in my pool, I saw everything double. I tried every adjustment I could think of to correct this as nobody else seems to have this problem from the reviews I have read. Looking underwater and seeing double gave me nausea and I had to close one eye to use them. I hated to return them as they were great except for the double vision. I am ordering a different brand and see if I will have the same problems.

UPDATE... I discussed this problem with my eye doctor and he believes the problem is that my eyes are inset more than most people and this makes the goggles wrap around more and this will cause the double vision. The fit and comfort of those goggles were 5 stars so don't shy away from them just because you "may" have problems like I did. Give them a try, you can always return them.

UPDATE.... Just received Speedo goggles and no more double vision. They don't feel as comfortable as the Aqua Sphere goggles but they are also great goggles.

I use these for doing recreational swimming as well as for racing in triathlons. They are comfortable, don't leak, and I get a nice wide view. When racing in large groups of people, they also aren't knocked off my face as easily as some of the other pairs that I used. Generally, when I'm bumped by another swimmer that is close by, they tend to suck closer to my face. But then it feels like my eyes are about to be sucked out of the sockets. I can get a little more than 2 years of use out of a pair before the rubber starts to break down. I swim for about 2-3 times a week and can do a mile swim in about 25 mintues. This is my third pair of the Kaiman's. I've used Tyr and Speedo in the past.

I've paid high dollar for Speedo and the Finals, professional goggles, and they always fogged up and leaked. Never felt good on the eyes and weren't worth the money. I finally gave up and lived with the foggy vision and red eyes after a day of swimming. But I tried again and yup, Speedo failed me once more. Then I read the reviews here and figured $14 wasn't going to kill me if they weren't any good either. Guess what? They rock!



Finally, someone that actually swims designed a goggle. These barely (and I mean near nothing) leak, never fog, and feel very comfortable. I wore them last night for over an hour and didn't have that feeling of relief when I removed them.



One thing that immediately impressed me with these was the engineering of them. With claps that insure the band does not loosen and "tabs" to keep the extra from dangling in front of you under water, you can see that someone who actually uses these goggles made them. With no adjustable nose bridge, which is usually the number one source for leaks, I just could tell these would actually work. Kudos Aqua Sphere!



I am VERY happy with these goggles and will probably buy them for the rest of the family now. - Aqua Sphere - Goggle - Highly Recommended'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Highly Recommended - aqua sphere, goggle aqua sphere Highly Recommended - aqua sphere, goggle