Saturday 7 November 2009

Telescopic Fishing Rod - fishing gear, okuma


I purchased this rod/reel combo for the convenience of having an outfit that would fit inside my checked baggage when I travel on airlines. The initial performance was good; I used it to catch a dozen or so rainbow trout while fishing in the Donner Lake region of California. The padded bag survived the trip quite well, and storage is more than adequate. The only flaw I encountered was some loosening of the rod sections after several casts. If you don't pause to push everything in tightly periodically, the rod tip (or even the whole rod) will separate and get flung into the lake with your lure. Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager Spinning Travel Kit

I recently purchased a Okuma rod and reel travel pack. I used it a couple of times to make sure it worked ok before my trip. It is a very nice combo that casts easily and has a light enough action that I enjoyed using it to catch small panfish. The whole pack is a bit bulky but worth the space to make sure your rod and reel get to your destination in good shape.

Don't plan on whipping this out of the case in a hurry and dipping your hook in the water. It takes some setup and tear-down time, as it does not easily come apart to fit in the case with the reel attached and the line strung. Look somewhere else if you want a quick solution for back country fishing where compact is key. To its credit, the rod has nice action and the reel seems well built. Comes with no line and only one spool. It is not telescopic.

I got this item for a Christmas gift and it was perfect for the beginner fisherman. It was safely packed so nothing could get broken and was easily assembled. I strongly recommend this item for a gift for someone whose trying to get their fishing kit together.

I purchased this fishing rod for my grandson. He was thrilled with the case that the fishing rod came in. He can carry everything that he needs in the case and go fishing. He takes his bike so the case works very nice.

I've used this rod 2-3 times a week for the past three months and am, for the most part, satisfied with the purchase. The rod/reel combo is of good quality and there's room enough in the case for a basic set of tackle. The case fits very nicely on a mountain bike tail rack and has proven to be very durable.



Now the reel is not nearly as smooth as my $120 Shimano and the rod tip will occasionally come loose on a very energetic cast. Still, the action is much better than a typical telescopic travel rod and the price is definitely right. The trout seem to like it too.

I purchased this item about a month ago and had it shipped out to my FOB here in Iraq. I am deployed deployed in an area that has a small lake and there are some trout sized fish all the way up to 5 foot long carp and other species of related "freshwater" fish. I have used the pole about 10 times and nothing has went wrong with the quality of the pole or reel. The top of the base had cracked when i hooked into a fish simply because i didnt seat the first section of the rod in tight enough. Overall a GREAT buy for this product! I would recomend it to anyone that is looking for a reliable breakdown travel rod. Thanks for a grea product and providing shipping to military!

This is a good, compact unit for travel and camping. The rod assembles easily and seems to be of good quality. It is stored in sections, not telescoping. The reel was a little difficult to set up and adjust, but worked well when everything was assembled. The case is nice quality, but not lightweight ripstop - a little bulky and heavy for serious backpacking.

The Okuma Voyager Travel Pack is everything that I had expected. Today I went back on line at Amazon to order another one for my wife to use when we are on trips to Colardo, Ohio, etc. However, I got the message "Currently unavailable. We do not know when or if this item will be back in stock". I hope that the quickly restock this item.



Sad, I will now look elsewhere.



However, If I cannot find it, I will check back with Amazon - the service and delivery meet exceeded expectations. - Okuma - Kids Fishing - Fishing Gear - Fishing Rod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Telescopic Fishing Rod - fishing gear, okuma fishing gear Telescopic Fishing Rod - fishing gear, okuma