Sunday 15 November 2009

Herniated Discs - back pain, lumbar


After 20 years working in physical therapy, one thing I know about back pain is that what is helpful for one person may not be for others because of the multitude of causes. I decided to try the Back2Life because of the 30-day return offer. Although it didn't help me, the product is well made and I can see how it might be helpful for some people, especially for relaxing muscle spasm.



HOWEVER,...I found the company lacking in integrity when it came to returning the machine. After spending 45 minutes on 3 occasions trying to get through the "Return" line, I had to endure very high pressure to try it for "an additional 30 days". I relented and tried for the extended period without improvement and, since I was nearing the end of 60 days tried to return it. Turns out they give the 30 days extra from when you call to return it rather than adding an actual 30 days to your original time period. They were very stubborn about not taking it back even though I was only 2 days over "their" extension (but under 60 days).



Bottom line, possibly a decent machine, but the company is interested in getting your money by any means they can, rather than being satisfied to make their profit from satisfied customers. Be careful! (And if you need to return it, choose the "want to purchase" option on the phone rather than the "return" option--they will pick up right away rather than leaving you on hold forever.) Back2Life Continuous Motion Massager

I bought this item after a recommendation from a tennis pro who has chronic lower back pain after years of pounding on the hard courts. I was diagnosed with sciatica and periformis syndrome. I suspect that too much tennis caused these issues for me. I began to suffer from lower back spasms, point pain in my hips, and bursitis. After 2 months of physical therapy and chiropractic care, it actually got worse. I decided to try it just for the back spasms. After the first 5 minutes on the machine I was regretting buying it and not looking forward to the process of sending it back for a refund. But I gave it a chance. After 2 or 3 sessions, I began to feel the tenseness in my lower back releasing. I've been using it every day for about a month and I definitely feel the difference in my mobility and the spasms and sciatica are also greatly improved.



I didn't give it 5 stars because the sound is a little annoying.

I ordered the machine and it seemed to work relieving my back pain as advertised. However, it only worked for about 4 sessions then quit. I called Back-2-Life's "customer service" line and was told what has turned out to be a long series of lies. I was promised free return shipping and a replacement machine, I was then told they hadn't located the proof of purchase and would call me when they found it and arrange to pick up the defective machine. After a week, I called and was told that a supervisor would call back to discuss the lack of progress. After no call back, I called again and was told that a motor would be sent out (not the whole machine as I had been earlier promised) and I would receive it within a week. A week later and no motor, I am told that they have to check to see if they have the part and it will take 48 hours to find out if they have it. The bottom line is the machine does not function, and after 8 phone calls and 3 weeks I am still no closer to a remedy. The hassle with getting anything (including a straight answer) from Back-2-Life is NOT worth any benefit the machine may provide.

I have had back pain for years from an accident on a boat that caused a disc to slip out in my lower back. After years of pain and discomfort I finally had surgery that fixed my back problem. I still had some pain on some days but not like before. I was getting my yard ready for the growing season and I have a riding lawnmower that I was on and off a hundred times that day and the last time I felt my back starting to hurt. Couple of days passed and I was taking some medicine to help the pain and discomfort but no help. I went to the doctor and he gave me stronger medicine and a week went by with no results. I went back demanding a MRI to see what I did and he told me to hold out and it will get better. Another week went by and no results so I went back and he told me about Back2like. I went home and ordered it that day and within four days it arrived. I opened it that night and did two rounds. The next morning I told my wife that I just spent another $200.00 on a worthless piece of exercise equipment. I did another couple of sets that day and the next morning I woke up with no back pain. I tell all my friends about the back2life and how it helps me with my back pain.

I was horrified when I started to develop severe lower back pain that several of my family members and friends had described; where they had extensive back surgery and therapy.(with limited success). After about 8 weeks of this pain I was convinced that I needed to see a doctor. That night I saw the "Back to Life" machine advertisement. Out of shear desperation, I called and told the order taker that I knew that this was a gimmick but I was going to try it anyway. Boy was I ever thankful I did! This thing really worked and after 10 days my back pain was totally gone! I have worked this machine into my regular exercise routine, and find it very easy to use; and quite relaxing. I can see from other testimonials that it has not produced the same results for everyone; and that each situation is probably different. Apparently I was a perfect candidate for this thing and have highly recommended it to everyone that I hear complaining about their back pain. Don't waste your money on the pills the Back to Life people will try to sell you. They are very expensive, hard to get off your credit card, and in my opinion not necessary. The machine is the ticket; not the pills.

I tried one of these once and ordered my own immediately. It seems to work like the spinal decompression machines that chiropractors advertise and really relaxes your back, immediately. The people who's machine I used were raving about it and said it really helped their back pain. There are lots of videos on the YouTube that explain how it works, which someone might want to watch before ordering. (UPDATE): November 17, 2009 - Received my own back machine and am using it after doing 'Bootcamp' at the gym and having my back so tight and beat up that I thought I might have to stop going...it seems to relax the back to where you aren't tensing the muscles and you can stretch it out. If you go to Chiropractors I think this is what they call a 'release', where the tension goes away enough to where you can stretch your back and get it loosened up. Anyway, I've had really good luck with it. No matter what sort of back problems you have it seems like having something to relax your back would be helpful. The videos (on Youtube) indicate that its more for long term relief, but so far the short term relief seems good. UPDATE: July 24, 2010: Found what this is best for...I noticed that every time I'd use it (sometimes twice in a row) that I would sleep really well...I hadn't realized how a stiff neck keeps you awake. So now I use it regularly just to sleep more relaxed. After using this and being more able to do 'core exercises' in bootcamp, I'd reclassify myself as someone who doesn't have back problems, or at least 2 or 3 on a scale of 10. The 'Sarge' at Bootcamp has been convinced by some back surgeon that what he needs is to have his spine fused...I gave him the brochure for this and hoping he'll try it instead or at least get some chiropractic advice...me, I'm going with this! - Back Stretcher - Relief From Low Back Pain - Lumbar - Back Pain'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Herniated Discs - back pain, lumbar lumbar Herniated Discs - back pain, lumbar