Monday 30 November 2009

Aurorae Yoga Mat - mat, yoga mat


I ordered a different mat bag and had to return it because my slightly thicker than normal mat wouldn't fit. This one is great. I can fit my mat, yoga clothes easily in this bag, with room for a wallet, phone and bottle of water. It will also comfortably carry a regular thickness mat, two blocks and a strap - haven't tried the thicker mat/block combo yet.



The bag is made of a durable canvas and has a zipper that runs the full length of the bag so you don't have to worry about the mat getting caught or bound up as you're putting it away. It also has a small outside pocket - big enough for my gym card, padlock, or a drivers license and some money, or maybe a small cell phone, but not for a wallet. I love this bag! Bean Products Yoga Mat Bag Extra Large Easy Open Zipper 100% Cotton Made In USA Black

This bag does exactly what I wanted it to do. It holds my oversize mat with ease and the zipper is just the right length. There is additional room in the bag for a water bottle, towel, etc. I also like the zippered pocket to safely store my keys and jewelry during yoga class. The cotton material is simple and nice to touch - without all the fuss and expense of fancier bags. It's perfect!

The bag isn't horrible if you're a yoga beginner. I didn't find it to be all that big or sturdy. It's acurately described as cotton twill - like khaki pants. The zipper doesn't seem like it's up for heavy duty use. If you've just started yoga and don't go more than once a week or so then this bag is good for you. You don't need something too heavy duty. But if you're at the studio a few times a week and have an extra long mat and blanket (like me) this bag is neither large or sturdy enough.



That said, when I returned the bag my refund was prompt and polite. Although the product wasn't for me, the customer service was positive.

I bought this mat bag after getting Bean's non-toxic extra thick yoga mat which is great by the way Bean Products Yoga Mat 1/4" Extra Thick High Density 72" Length - Clean PVC (TM) Phthalate Free PER because the mat didn't fit in my old small mat bag. Its nice and big and easy to fit my extra thick mat and water bottle, towel etc. Well made, heavy cotton and finally something made in the USA!!!!!

Been using the bag for a couple months now and it's holding up well. The side pocket for wallet/keys is handy. I have a long, thicker mat that doesn't leave much room for anything else, other than a mat towel and a face towel, which in most cases is just enough.

I attend yoga every chance I have. I have to say that I love this mat bag! It was able to accommodate my large Jade mat easily, and the mat itself does not "stick" to the bag. The zippered pocket on the outside of the bag is an extra bonus.

This bag is sturdy and seems well-constructed. It's comfortable to carry and quite spacious. Getting my mat in and out is simple and doesn't result in frustration and fumbling like my old top-loader did. The pocket on the outside is especially nice; I can put my iPhone and keys and some cash in it and walk to class without lugging my purse or a tote.

I was looking for an inconspicious yoga bag without too many details but functional and attractive. This fit the bill. I ordered the purple one, which I wish was more eggplant color, but it's a pretty purple color nonetheless. The material feels nice, for the price of the bag, and seems durable. The bag fits my yoga bag perfectly and there's a small square pocket on the outside.



I had a problem with shipping of this bag. The first one was sent to the wrong address. However when I contacted customer service, they shipped out another one to the correct address without any problem. - Yoga Mat - Mat - Yoga Accessories - Yoga'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aurorae Yoga Mat - mat, yoga mat yoga accessories Aurorae Yoga Mat - mat, yoga mat