Saturday 14 November 2009

720p Projector - home entertainment projectors, 3d ready


Great product! Owned this for 2 days now and love it! Got my Xbox 360, Wii, and computer all hooked up to this baby and am not looking back.



There is definatly a downside which I have mostly remedied, however, most people will not be able to. The thing is that this projector has NO AUDIO OUTPUT. Which is weird considering it has HDMI and such. This means if you connect something with the HDMI, you are stuck using the build in speaker for audio. Bummer. Also, if you connect using the y/r/w cables you are also stuck using the internal speaker, but if you have a stereo like I do, connect it to the stereo and run it to the projector. Not that the internal speaker sounds bad, it actually sounds great, but it's just not the best while watching home movies or gaming.



Great picture quality and projects and image of about 5 1/2' x 7'. Actually is slightly bigger, but roughly that size. I'm very happy with my projector.



UPDATE LOST ONE STAR*- Projector did not work today, first time since I bought it (6 monthsish). Ive mostly used it on economy setting. I hear a rattling like broken pieces of something, and after disassembling it, there might be a big problem. Projector wasn't dropped, hit or anything, it sits far above and out of reach. I now have to hopefully find a resolution, either something exploded inside, or bulb burst. Im 50/50 on which it is right now. Ill update ASAP



UPDATE TO UPDATE-5TH STAR RETURNED- So the reason is my bulb had exploded. First I was upset and believed it to be an equipment issue, but after realizing the extension cord I run this from was unplugged, I put 2 and 2 together. Cord unplugged while running (even in low power mode) will cause the bulb to not cool down while being around the already cool surroundings = BOOM goes the dynamite (bulb). So this was my bad (or another occupant), and not the projector. I'd give it 5 1/2 stars now for doubting it. Ha ha, enjoy and don't accidentally unplug this!!!! Vivitek D510 2600 Lumen SVGA HDMI 120Hz 3D-Ready Portable DLP Projector (White)

I purchased this machine to use in the classroom. It performs wonderfully for the intended purpose. It's relatively small and light. Has a reasonably powerful projection image. And it works seamlessly with both my PC and my Macbook Pro. Like all such projectors, it runs very hot and one has to be careful stowing it away after use. But I've gotten used to cooling it down and handling it carefully. I can't comment on its durability since I've only used it a dozen or so times. It does have a slightly cheap, plastic feel to it. But as long as it does the job, who cares what it feels like. I wouldn't recommend this for large rooms. My guess is its range is probably limited to 30 feet (I use it in a seminar room in which the screen is only 12 feet from the projector. Works great in that situation.) In short, I can't complain. It's a good product for occasional use in small to medium size rooms.

It's very nice DLP projector and the price is nicer. BUT if it's a priority to play 3D blu-ray movies on this projector USING a 3D blu-ray disc player then stop. Don't buy it (at least now). Any 3D DLP projector and any 3d Blue-ray player are NOT directly compatible (again as of today). Unless if you want to play your 3D DVD's using a computer with 3D video card using a 3D player software, then I think, you have a great projector.



Or if you are willing to pay about $400+ for a converter box, between the projector and the 3D player, to convert the signal form the 3D blu-ray disc player to the 3D ready DLP projector. Then I also think you have a good projector.



Or at last, if you are willing to wait (like me) until the above converter box become available from more companies, and its price become reasonable.



Unfortunately for me, none of the reviews that were posted (before I buy mine) mentioned anything about this fact. Only few stated that they have not yet tried the 3D, I wonder!



Here is the technical explanation from a technical person: "NO 3D blu-ray player, has been made so far, will give any 3D ready projector the 120Hz field sequential 3D it needs! You must convert the side by side 3D of blu-ray to 120Hz on a PC with a 3D card and 3D player application OR buy a special box which can do this. This issue is very well known for a long time". But it was not to me until I bought mine.



Two more comments,



#1- I found the UK Vivitek costumer support very much helpful to point out the compatibility issue and quick to help. They suggested few solutions along with their new (to be out) projectors series as future solution. But for the US Vivitek support they concealed that fact from me when I asked them. They said that their engineers (US engineer I believe he meant) don't know or have any data about compatibilities. What that tells me? It tells me that they're insulting my intelligent. Who would design a product and it's been on the market for a such time and don't know what is compatible with? Come on, I'm an Engineer also.



#2- At last but not least, I must mention that Amazon were unbelievable with their help and costumer support. Sorry, no room here to explain what they did to help me. Thanks Amazon.

This was my first projector and I did alot of research before buying it. It met a most of the requirements in terms of picture quality and brightness etc. Everything was ok for three months... then the pixels started dying, (which means there were dark and light spots all over the screen) within one week we had close to 30 dead pixels spread across the screen. The Amazon 30 day warranty had expired so we contacted Vivitek and that was where the real disappointment came. They never answer their telephone!!!!! They don't return messages!!!! They don't answer e mails!!!! There was no way to get a human being at this company....and I really tried. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered and will never buy anything marked Vivitek again. I contacted Amazon about this and they are giving me a refund so I'm buying an Epson this time. Adios Vivitek! - 3d Ready - Home Theater - Projector - Home Entertainment Projectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


720p Projector - home entertainment projectors, 3d ready home entertainment projectors 720p Projector - home entertainment projectors, 3d ready