Monday 14 September 2009

Phillips - hdtv, philips


I have had this TV for almost a month and am completely satisfied with the performance. It is compact, thin and easy to set up--just follow the instructions on the screen after you have turned it on. The color was a little "washed out." I went into the color adjustment option and "tweaked" it a little. There is a protocol during the set-up that helps you select the color reception, however it proved not to be what I really wanted, so I did it manually. Now it is clear, sharp and very natural looking. I also adjusted the sound quality the same way. I feel this TV will rank with any more expensive Sony or Panasonic for quality and reception. If you are looking for a excellent, small 22" for the kitchen or bedroom, this is a keeper. The only problem, and it is a minor one, was during the "auto-scan" process to search for TV stations. It warns that it could take as much as 20 minutes--and it did. I had to do this three times since it turned itself off after about 15 minutes twice before completing the scan. It could have been my cable supplier, but don't worry. Be patient and all will be terrific. Philips 22PFL4505D/F7 22-Inch 720p LED LCD HDTV, Black

I tried going for a smaller widescreen than everyone said I "had to have," and am I pleased! I suspected that since this is my first widescreen, and since I've been getting by on a 13-inch square since my 20-inch square TV went kaput, that a 22-inch Philips would seem like a huge step up. And does it ever. The picture is so sharp that I don't need a bigger screen in my little cottage -- certainly not until my upstairs 13-inch gasps its last. I can read the newscrawlers, subtitles and sports scores. The color is gorgeous, and I haven't even taken time to superfine tune it. The TV arrived days early from amazon.com yesterday afternoon, Free Super Saver Shipping, and I started setting it up this morning. Just then "Goodbye, Mr. Chips" came on Turner Classic Movies, and I hadn't seen it before, and wanted to, but I plunged ahead, watching while I looked at the Quick Start. I unplugged the old and was back watching the movie again before intermission. This HDTV has all the hoolymajiggits to hook up your PC, your video camera, your computer games, and I don't know what all, but being a film fan, all I have is a Magnavox DVD-VHS player, and that hooks up just fine. The remote operates intuitively, and I can move through the menu likewise without reading the manual. I just couldn't possibly be more pleased, especially since I've long depended upon the quality of Philips and Magnavox. Just after Christmas there were 22 of these sets, and they sold out before I could make a move. I let amazon.com know I was sold on the set, but couldn't buy in time. I was so sold that I was thinking of buying the same TV in the 32-inch if I couldn't get the 22. But true to form, amazon.com came through with more 22-inch Philips 720p LED LCD HDTV, Black. I bought one, it's here, and it's up and running, just like that, after weeks of checking availability. I actually think the 32-inch might be too big for my cottage as it is for my budget right now. My TV stands atop the entertainment tower for my component stereo system (remember those?) and it can face forward to the living room, or turn toward the adjacent bedroom (fishing village architecture). It's a very big picture either way. What I like about the Surround Sound is that a lower level is adequate because it's not all coming from one back speaker. No more blaring that makes my Chinese Shar-Pei rub her ears. I'm happy, happy, happy, and so is she. I won't be needing the free return, but in this neck of the woods, I'm grateful amazon.com offers it. Thank you, thank you, amazon.com.

Not being a techno wizard I needed to replace the old analog TV as it was giving up on us. A little researce and going by other reccomendations I selected this TV. It was as advertised with one exception. Ease of set up and picture were near perfect. Only complaint I have is the sound quality, VERY poor. Even after going thru the equlaizer set up and selecting type of entertainment to view .ie . movie,news, music etc all sounds as if it were emminating from a tin can. I am currently looking for an external speaker option.

Replaced a 19" Sanyo we had in our bedroom for 6-7 years with this Phillips 22". At the price we paid, we couldn't be happier. Very clear picture allows you to set coloration, tint and so forth manually, even has an equalizer for the sound. It's better than I expected.

Over all, I'm pleased with this TV for the price. I mounted it to a wall over a tall chest of drawers in our bedroom. Its picture is bring and clear. And the viewing angles are much wider than I thought they would be. If I forget to pull the TV out from the wall and tilt it down to the bed, its still a good picture. However, the sound is pretty bad despite the availability of an equalizer in the menu. The preset sound and picture settings are HORRIBLE. I panicked at first thinking that there was something wrong with the picture. Then I found the settings to brighten it up. It was terribly dark out of the box. You should definitely play with the sound settings too to add some base and take out some of the highs.

OK, this TV is definitely on the smaller side. Coming from a 21" dinosaur-age TV, I thought that 22" would be larger but it is not because of the wide-screen. So, even though the diagonal is a bit larger, the height of the image is lower. Bad thinking on my part. However, in a tiny apartment like mine, a small TV has only advantages. The images are amazing, great colors, great sharpness.



Yes, the reviews are true that the sound is not great, but that is not really what I expect from a TV. I have a setup with 5.1 surround sound computer speakers plugged into the ear phone jack. To my very pleasant surprise, the TV remote then can be used to adjust the sound level. Before, I had to operate one remote for the TV, one for the speakers, and one for the converter box. Could not be happier with this purchase.



And just a word about the shipping. It was the fastest ever. It barely took 2 days to get to me, and it was announced to arrive more than a week later. - Hdtv - Tvs - Philips - Highly Recommended'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Phillips - hdtv, philips tvs Phillips - hdtv, philips