Thursday 13 August 2009

Potty Training - potty training


My lab mix has been marking occasionally over the last few years but within the last few months really started having accidents in the house. I put this on him when we received it - at first he did try to take it off, but after we told him no, he left it on. I put it on him when we leave the house. It's only been wet twice since we've used it, I actually think it's stopped him from going in the house. I do sometimes put a pad it in if we're going to be gone all day. Great product - I may buy another one to have a backup. Belly Bands for Male Dogs with Incontinence Problems - Print

My male dog seems to enjoy marking my bed corners at night and has been randomly marking my house. I put this on him and get to relax. I must admit I put in it a woman's pad for absorbency otherwise her turns yellow. lol. It works great and he doesn't seem to mind wearing it.

These belly bands are great. I have a Pomeranian that wears these when we are not home, he has anxiety when he is alone and wants to mark his territory. We do not buy the replacement pads for these, I just buy a huge bag of Kotex feminine pads for women (extra long and super absorbent) they work perfectly, change them for every use. I have three belly bands for my pup and I am going to buy one more. Note... wash these out by hand in the sink (maybe once a month or so) (the extra long pad keeps them dry and clean for a long time), the washing machine may be too ruff on them. Their not cheap but well worth it! A life saver for us!!!!!!!

We walk our yorkies, they have a dogie door and an indoor "pee pad" system but I still find I need belly bands. They are great for hurricane prep when our dogs can not relieve themselves outside. They are especially helpful to prevent marking when my females are in heat. I also use them for my "little ole man", Bentley, that is 16 and can not get out the doggie door and forgets to use the "potty pad" back-up. I cut up a sanitary napkin, and insert half of in the band. The band does not have a place to hold it but if you just use the slightly adhesive on the pad, it stays in place. (use pads for med or light thickness) The belly bands can be used to deter marking,incontinence,hurrican prep and accident prevention. The smooth and flexible material is great. Velcro can be scary to a little dog but on these pads, the velcro works without a hitch. My yorkies have very long luxurious hair and these belly bands never cause matting or tangles. In my opinion, the flexible band is superior to any elastic band out there. Make sure you order the correct size because the width of the belly band relates to the circumference. They are perfect for yorkies and small dogs with similar builds. Special note: do not underestimate the determination of a male dog when a female is in heat. These bands are not enough to prevent them from mating, however... I buy preemie and newborn onsies from Walmart for about $3 and they have snaps at the crotch then I put a female diaper pant over the onesie and her halter over the onesie to prevent disloging of the females protection system. I find for yorkies, the preemie size fits best for 3 to 5 lbs and the newborn for 5 to 10 lbs. You can place a preemie diaper on your female yorkie under the preemie onesie if she is still in the bleeding phase. This system works if you really want to prevent mating and I make sure my males are wearing their belly bands too. Good Luck.

I have 2 male yorkies and they are the worst when it comes to marking on every corner in my house. I bought them a diaper from a different manufacturer and the diapers kept leaving a mark on their bellies so I went on the Internet to look for a different kind of diaper. I found Playapup and it was the best find I could have come across! Playapup's bellybands are perfect they don't leave marks on their bellies and my yorkies don't seem to mind them. The soft neoprene and nylon/lycra fabrics were a great idea because they are easy to wash. Big Big Big fan of the Hawaiian print, I got a red one and a blue one. Thank you Playapup for making my life easier :o)

The company that I got this belly band from is OUTSTANDING to work with. I placed and order and never received the product, so I contacted the company and they sent another belly band out and I received it within days along with a self stamped envelope for the first order if I ever got it, ( still waiting on that one to show up). I would like for the band to get a little thinner as it goes around my dogs hips, only because he was injured and has a plate in his hip. The band sits right on the plate and causes him a little discomfort. I would suggest this company and product to anyone!!!

I have an 80 pound male collie who is paralyzed and incontinent. I had trouble finding a band that would fit and did not care for the fabric with elastic ones. This was perfect and hand washing it is very easy and did not require the dryer. I will get them again.

This product is of very good quality and is easy to use. I can't say that my yorkie likes it very well but it has helped our relationship tremendously as he's not peeing on the carpets anymore. It is also helping with potty training since he seems to be learning how to hold it better. I think a poise or depends pad works better than a women's sanitary pad since they are meant to absorb the volume of a full potty. If your dog is just marking a panty liner or women's pad might do. The addition of the pad and the amount of fur your dog has makes a difference in the size that you need. My yorkie was shaved when I began using and now it's getting tight because of the thickness of the poise pad and the hair that is growing in. I will definately order another because it does take time to wash and dry and it does take on the potty smell if there is overflow. Overall I'm very happy with this product and because I'm not cleaning up potty spots all the time I'm spending more time with my pup and I love him even more! - Potty Training'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Potty Training - potty training potty training Potty Training - potty training