Friday 21 August 2009

Kids Fishing


Hurricane Ike and an 8' tidal surge wiped out all of our fishing gear...but not our pier! So with most of our money going to repairs and such, this was the bargain of the century to get back out on that pier to catch whatever Ike left in Galveston Bay (or put in it...lol). Buying more now for friends to use when they visit. It may not be the best on the market (and who really cares at this point) but it catches sand trout, big croakers, etc. I like it just fine. Zebco 33 Spincast Combo Fishing Pole

This is, by far, one of the best combo deals you can find. I always bring a spare rod and reel when I go camping/canoeing (because when you're 20 miles from nowhere and your reel breaks, you better have a backup). It might not cast as far or have all the bells and whistles, but it will catch fish!



The reel is so tough, you can drop in your backpack when you're hiking in case you get lost and need food. that's how much trust I have in it.

This is a good little fishing combo. I bought this for my mom so we could go fishing... She really likes it. I dont care much for spincast reels but this is a good one if thats what you like. The rod is very nice too, though probably too long for a little kid, considering its a bit over 6ft long. Can't beat the price either!

I got this rod and reel combo as a first for my 7-year-old son based on the good reviews from Amazon. It seemed fairly easy to use, but as another user noted, was very prone to tangling. I had to open it to untangle the nests. He used it not more than five days when the reeling mechanism stopped working. I brought it to the local Walmart to see if they could fix it (since they also carry this item) but they were unable to do so. I've read that open-faced reels are much easier to work with. I'm sending this to Zebco for warranty service and hoping they can fix or replace it.

It's a Zebco 33 on a 6 ft medium line weight (6-14 lb), lure weight (1/8-3/4 oz) medium action composite pole, made in China. It casts nice and smooth and retrieves OK. I have no complaints for the money spent. My only con is that it came spooled with red "cajun" line and I prefer Stren Original, or Berkley Trilene.

I am a novice fisherman but I have been pretty happy with these poles. I go out for small mouth bass pretty often and this fits this bill. I won't rate it on what I actually catch because I think that's mostly my fault. But its a solid construction and good value.

Is it the best fishing rod on the market? No. Is it a perfect combo considering price and usability for newer fisherman or the standard fisherman only able to go fishing occasionally? Yep.



I bought this rod as a backup to a rod that I've used for five years. I've started using this one more than the other, however, because it's, well, easy and convenient. Sure, you won't be looking to haul in massive catches using this rod, but for your standard stream, river, or pond you should be completely fine using this rod.



I have no complaints. It's very usable, functional, and I've had no problems after using it this summer! Reeling is smooth and simple!



Recommended as a beginner, backup, or standard rod for the occasional fisher!

I ordered two of these poles because the prior reviews spoke reverentially about the combo and specifically the reel. First, the packaging is horrible. These should ship in tubes, not boxes. One package was split open, retaped and missing a piece. The other must have suffered some crushing on the box, because after two casts my two piece combo was a worthless three piece combo. I fish quite a bit and do buy good gear, this seemed like a good starter combo for a camping trip, but everything about it was cheap...the reel barely worked either. Go spend your money and time elsewhere.

I bought two of these combo's from Amazon. The price of the Combo is less than the reel.

First day out we caught over 120 sandbass, hybrid and a couple GAR. 30 sandbass were keepers (some as large as 2 lbs), Hybrids were just at 2 lbs.

I did have a proble with first few initial casts, so I cast the reel out, then walked backwards to let out lots of the line. Once I reeled the line back in, it was flawless. I was casting as far as most spinning reels. Got these to cary on the back of my scooter. I wound up buying 4 more for my family to use whenthey are here, they prefer spincast. I do have over 100 high end rods and reels (Abu Garcia, Dawia, Quantum, Mitchell, etc), but for quick go fishing and have fun, wow these are GREAT. I was also able to use same day delivery, and got them the same day ordered (I live in the Dallas, TX area).



One friend caught a huge log fish hahaha, and was able to reel it to the pontoon, so that we could save the lure.



Great product, all metal gears, ZEBCO is back!!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kids Fishing Kids Fishing Kids Fishing