Tuesday 28 July 2009

Interval Timer Personal Round Everlast - everlast, boxing timer


I bought this one because I figured if it broke I'm not out much money, I figured I might get lucky but I didn't. Sure enough the other reviews are correct, it is very cheap and very porely built. The batteries don't fit in well and the cover to them is tough to keep on. It worked for about 8 work outs and then it just went nuts and even by adjusting the batteries it won't work right. Save the 10 bucks and buy something different. This is a terrible product. I can only imagine how many of these end up in the local land fill within a month of purchase. Everlast Personal Round Timer

It worked great, for a few weeks. Now it just does whatever it wants to do. A piece of junk. I also got a pair of bag gloves from Everlast (they should throw an 'N' at the beginning of that) that fell apart after two workouts (even my inflated sense of self refuses to believe I hit that hard).

The idea was good, but Everlast failed in the execution. The bell is so low you cannot hear it, and the vibration feature is so weak, you cannot feel it unless you're holding it in your palm. I'll probably try a timer from another manufacturer. I assume that Everlast has different lines of products for people that are in the business of boxing, because what they sell to average consumers is of poor quality, including their corny DVDs.

I don't know what all the negative reviews are about. I really like this timer. It is so simple to use that I didn't bother reading the instructions on the back of the package. Very straight forward and the sound is loud enough for where I train (outside). And I really like the sound it makes. I have never cared for the shrill sounds that most of them make. Mine works just great, and other than changing the batteries now and then I have never had to do anything to it. I like it so much that I bought another one just to keep in my truck and one for my friend Coach Tara.

The timer is very poorly constructed, and is not durable. If there is any type of condensation it will malfunction. When working out, I like to go about 10 rounds and the timer will stop whenever it wants to in between those rounds. This becomes a pain, because now you have to take your gloves off and mess around with the thing. Do not buy.

I figured for $[...] how could i go wrong? well...by wasting $[...]. the round counter is always rounds behind actual rounds, it freezes, stops in mid round, all the other stuff you read in prior reviews.

i don't mind the limited features of only 30 or 60 second rest periods, and only 2 or 3 minute rounds. for the price i just wanted it to do what it was supposed to. i'm bringing it back to where i bought it, and will try to get a store credit. in the meantime, i'm back to watching the second hand on my wall clock



i boxed as a kid, and everlast was always the gold standard of gear. maybe they should refocus on quality, and forget about all the designer clothes and made in china junk gear.



Addendum to original post:

I have found that by using good, new Duracell batteries, I can increase the reliability by about half. It still occasionally drops rounds, 'forgets' to ring, freezes, etc, but is reliable enough to use in my garage. i still find myself going....."whew', this round seems long, and look over and it's stuck or frozen, but with a real timer going for near $100 bucks, it's tolerable. just keep a clock with a second hand nearby....

With that in mind, I'd up it to two stars.

I just picked this up the other day and was excited to start my workout. This seemed perfect; although the band was too small for my arm, I could clip it to my shorts. So, I started it up and started punching the bag. After getting tired and not hearing the bell, I wondered what was going on. It had stopped at 1:51. Figuring I must have bumped the button, I tried it again and again it stopped at 1:51. Weirded out, I set it on the ground and started it, and it went past it once and stopped randomly at another point. So, this piece of equipment was basically useless to me.



I'm not sure how such a simple piece of technology could fail so miserably, but I'd rather pay a little extra for a product that actually works.

This timer works great and is easy to use, but it's impossible to read the numbers head on... you have to tilt the timer to a funny angle in order to see how much time is left. Annoying. But other than that it works great. - Boxing Timer - Digital Timer - Everlast - Timer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Interval Timer Personal Round Everlast - everlast, boxing timer digital timer Interval Timer Personal Round Everlast - everlast, boxing timer