Thursday 4 June 2009

Sports Illustrated - girls, sports illustrated


Its really hard to say something bad about SI review of girls, beaches, swim wear. On one hand its about girls, bikinis (lack thereof) and beaches. You can't go wrong with that.



One the other hand, the event tries to get all preachy and gives us insight about the photographers, models, the location. Who really cares? Its about girls, bikinis (lack thereof) and beaches. Can't we all get along and focus on the really important stuff like girls, bikinis and beaches.



I mean I really don't care about locations, pirate ships or whether Walter is the greatest photographer known to man. Truth to tell I hate Walter and his crew of people. He gets to go to beaches and take pictures of women. So I don't want to hear about his problems. I just want see girls, bikinis and beaches.



The reason that I rate it so badly is that I don't get anything out of it. SI gets the money and the publicity, the models get publicity, the photographers get the publicity but I get nothing out of it except visual pleasure. So just give me the visual pleasure without the blather. The 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Show

Take a handful of the world's most beautiful tall undernourinshed 20'ish women and film them in strained positions looking bored. Call it a show.



DON'T let them tell you about themselves (which would probably be funny and touching).



I say SI - shoot this again. Get a loft in Greenwish Village, have the very same set of women sit around in T-Shirts and jeans, no make-up, sipping some wine, and just tell their stories. (OK, lowcut wet t-shirts and tight jeans, but still, .....).



Seriously, I did watch this 30 minute show on television (I DVR'd it), and I had to force myself to watch the whole thing. And I am a guy that loves to watch beautiful women.



Somehow, SI has managed to take one of life's greatest joys and drain the life and joy OUT of it.

I've downloaded various unbox videos, the quality isn't as good as HD, but looks roughly the same as regular TV. i think those who say it looks horrible either have very high standards or need to adjust their sets.

The video is shot in 16:9; but the unbox video is inexplicably 4:3. I couldn't figure out how to override the setting in the unbox video player or in windows media player. So, in the few minutes of the show that I watched, all the people were stretched out vertically.



I tried to watch in Media Player Classic (it will let me fix the picture); but it wouldn't play because of the DRM.



I loaded the portable file onto my creative zen vision w, and I was able to stretch to full on that device to get the proper aspect. but the portable file bitrate is so horrible, the show was still unwatchable. There were tons of compression artifacts and lots of blockiness. In a show like this, where the primary reason to watch is to look at the pictures, you want a good resolution and a good bitrate.



I only watched a few minutes because the show is extremely boring. And the technical difficulties make hard to watch.



I gave it two stars because the women are very good looking even when distorted.



Wait for the DVD to show up in the bargain bins. The video quality will be great and the aspect ratio correct.

I attempted to install Unbox and download this video. P4 2.8GHz 768MB RAM Windows XP Home SP2 machine froze to the point I needed to power cycle to get it unfrozen. Tried again - same thing - unininstalled this program as my machine cannot deal with it.

I downloaded this to my HD tivo on my 1080p tv an it was horrible. The show was in 4:3 with letterboxes on both sides. The show itself was 480 at tops. I loaded this because it was free so i could see what the quailty of a show would be if i decided to buy one, so far unbox did not impress me. - Sexy - Model - Sports Illustrated - Girls'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sports Illustrated - girls, sports illustrated girls Sports Illustrated - girls, sports illustrated