Tuesday 2 June 2009

Hand Weights - exercise, home workout


I was disappointed when I opened the package to find 1 dumbbell since most dumbbells are sold in pairs. The dumbbell itself came as described but thought it was pricey to pay $20 for just one. Now I am forced to buy a second dumbbell and noticed the price went up to $28- no thank you! Body Solid Tools BSTVD5 5-Pound Vinyl Dumbbell (Blue)

I always read the reviews. I didn't. Just like everyone else was very surprised to find only one dumbbell! Why would anyone want just one dumbell? Dont dumbbells come in pairs? Felt this was very deceiving!!!!

I ordered 4 sets of Body Solid vinyl dumbbells from Sam's Club online and their prices are unbelievable! One 5-pound weight is selling for $5.58, which is 50% less than what Amazon is selling them for. The only bad thing about buying online from Sam's Club is that they charge state tax and shipping & handling. However, it was still cheaper to purchase the dumbbells from Sam's Club than Amazon, even with paying the extra money for tax and shipping. Apparently, Sam's Club gets the weights directly from the manufacturer. I was very pleased with their packaging job. They actually double-boxed the weights and included a lot of packing material. I made the mistake of ordering a set of Body Solid dumbbells from Amazon and they came all beat up. They hardly put in any packing material to cushion the weights.



If you're a member of Sam's Club, go to their online website and set up an account with your membership number. I ordered a lot of different neoprene dumbbells before settling on a brand (Valeo, Cap Barbell sold at Walmart, Savasa, Embark brand sold at Target). I have been the most impressed with the quality of the Body Solid vinyl dumbbells. I was hesitant about purchasing vinyl because I was afraid of chipping, but these things are so heavy duty that they seem impervious to almost anything. They're also much easier to clean with anti-bacterial wipes than neoprene. I also like that the colors match each other there isn't a discrepancy between the shades (i.e., the two blue dumbbells match each other). Another point about these dumbbells is that the handles are not too thick, even as the dumbbells get heavier in weight. For example, the handles of the 12 lb. dumbbells aren't so bulky that they're more difficult to hold compared to a lighter set of dumbbells. Best of all, there's no funky odors! I like that I can use the weights and my hands don't smell funny afterwards.



I'm going back to order more pairs from Sam's Club. A word of caution -- just like Amazon, they sell the dumbbells individually, so make sure to put 2 of them in your cart. Sam's Club shipped them via FedEx (ground is the cheapest) and I still received them in about 4 days. Enjoy!

Now, really. Why on earth would any manufacturer sell only dumbbell? And, for $1.50 more, I can get TWO dumbbells from another company. Many other reviewers were much more understanding about this, but I am not. Amazon's description is mis-leading and needs to be corrected. The company selling these needs to get with the program.

What a disappointment! This weight comes in singles, which makes it much more expensive than I had anticipated (I did not read the fine print). It's a total rip off considering that others sell their weights in sets of two.

I'm returning 1 dumb bell. Ad is very misleading it appears as

if you are buying 2 weights. Shame on them for trying to decieve their customers.

Shame on Amazon for allowing such a decieving listing. Don't buy from bad sellers

While the quality of the weight seems to be good, i am very unhappy with the fact that this was deceiving. The title of the product states" Body-solid Vinyl Dumbells", not dumbell! therefore it's reasonable to assume you have added a pair of dumbells in your cart upon purchase. who would want only one dumbell?????? i was very anxious to receive my package, and after opening I was extremely dissapointed and shocked! why would i want 1 dumbell??? i was under the impression that this was a pair ,which seems like a good price. At this price, shipping me 1 dumbell, in the efforts to make me buy another one for the full price is plain old deceiving..... very unhappy. I don't expect this kinda of thing to take place on Amazon.com; it reflects badly on Amazon and the seller. Too bad, because if i had been told the price of the Pair from the beginning, i would have loved to buy them.

I love this dumbbell, it's the perfect weight(5lb)and gives me a nice workout that I can really feel in my arms. I may go up another couple of pounds since this is becoming a little easy. Well worth it and affordable. - Hand Weights - Exercise - 10lb Weights - Home Workout'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hand Weights - exercise, home workout home workout Hand Weights - exercise, home workout