Sunday 28 June 2009

Bill


I have used these in an old Senco gun that I get to borrow once in a while. I have never had a jam or feed problem with them. They are a plain shank, but are glue coated. The heat generated by the friction of driving them in at a rapid rate sets the glue and makes them difficult to pull without a longer prybar. You can get them out with a claw hammer, but I always like the easy way - a cat's paw to start and a 30" prybar to finish the job. That's the long way of saying these nails have some real holding power. Try a box on your next big project. B & C Eagle A314X131/22 Round Head 3-1/4-Inch by .131-Inch by 20 to 22 Degree Plastic Collated Framing Nail (500 per Box)

worked fine no jams. best for toe nailing. length will penetrate and stick out through doubled 2x lumber so if that's an issue go for 3" nails. eye proteciton is a must as plastic collating flies in every direction and is sharp. you'll find out if you kneel on a piece by accident like i did. you do save on bulk purchase though as a 4,000 nail box of similar nails is around $45.00 at home depot(less than half the price).

If you have a Porter Cable FR350, for some reason finding nails can be a slight problem. The mega home store with the orange sign has them, but not consistently. So these are a good stop-gap until you can find more.They drive well and seem to hold well.

These nails are great. I've had so much fun with my new nails and nail gun, I've used a 1/2 a box just playing around reinforcing saw horses, adding spacers and supports in the shed, building a deck :) Can't wait to finish off this box on the next project and get another one! :)

These nails are fine, but seriously overpriced. They work well in my nail gun and I have not had any jams.



However, I only purchased these because I did not need a box of 10,000 like they are sold at the big orange store. But, if you only need a few hundred nails instead of several thousand, what can you do?'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bill Bill Bill