Sunday 24 May 2009

School Supplies - ticonderoga, eraser


Out of all of the pencils I have ever bought these have been my favorite. They write really nicely and smoothly, the tip doesn't break or snap as often as other brands.

When you sharpen them they are so much smoother and more durable compared to other brands. Some fo the cheaper pencils keep breaking and you have to sharpen them until you only have half a pencil left. Not these, they make soft grinding noise and sharpen very smoothly.

The eraser is very high quality and doesn't smear or leave marks behind.

Unlike some brands the metal part at the top of these pencils are a lot better quality and don't have sharp edges.

This might seem like a silly thing to review but these pencils really do have a quality difference that sticks out from other pencil brands. Dixon Ticonderoga 13872 Woodcase Pencil, HB #2, Yellow Barrel, 96 per Pack

I was working on costume prop and needed to some pencils to make my marks on the wood. I went to Wal-Mart and saw these amongst there many pencils. The 24 pack was a little over 8 dollars. A bit pricey for pencils. I gave in to the slogan of "Worlds best pencil" and figured I would give them a try. Because like anyone else who has purchased these I was sick of erasers that smudged, lead that broke, wood that was more plastic than wood.I will never buy any other kind of pencil again.



The thing that I like the most is that the eraser actually erases with out smudges. I'm a little heavy handed when I write so there is some residual. The lead doesn't break for no apparent reason. The only time I need to sharpen it is when the lead gets dull or I sit or step on it. They are worth every penny.



One reviewer didn't like them because of the graphite. If you do the dixon website ( [...] ) their online store has different graphite selections.



In my opinion they really are the greatest pencil in the world. Accept no substitutes.

Without a doubt this is the most disappointing item I have purchased in years! I have always bought this brand of pencil because I am a writer and still write in longhand.



I am on my fourth 12-pack (48 pencils) from this case and I have thrown away most of them because the lead breaks as soon as I begin to write.



I have used several different pencil sharpeners and the breakage is the same with all of them.



It is a pity to see such an icon go down the tubes because of poor quality but it has for me. I will never purchase another Ticonderoga product again.

I bought Ticonderoga pencils but had a similar experience with breakage as other reviewers had. More frequently, however, the metal aglet holding the eraser came off as soon as I tried to use the eraser. Aglets flying about the room! It was a sad day.



* 6/2/11 Just wanted to update--I bought more Ticonderogas the other day (pre-sharpened, at Staples), hoping for a better experience--and the lead breaks throughout use. Because of the frequent sharpening required, each pencil lasts only a short time. Still can't rate the product any higher.



Also wanted to update that it's a "grommet," not an aglet, that holds the eraser onto the pencil. I'm sure that you are terribly grateful for the correction.

I'm a second grade teacher and I've had it up to *here* with 'DIXON' pencils.

The only reliable pencils is Dixon Ticonderoga. Everything else is just junk wasting everyone's time and money.



I will only use Ticonderoga pencils in my class.

I bought these pencils for my kiddos, very durable and high quality materials are put into this pencil which now makes it my number one pencil of choice. recommended for kids for it has sort of an antimicrobial something that also makes it the worlds safest pencil against viral diseases. highly recommended

These are great pencils. Period. The construction and quality are great, and the erasers have generally outlasted the pencils themselves. I recommend these pencils to anyone who loves classic writing instruments, and enjoys the rich heritage of the pencil.

I bought this box of pencils last year when I ordered a wall mounted pencil sharpener. With about half the pencils of the box, the second I'd pull the pencil out of the sharpener the lead would fall off. It was so frustrating, considering these are supposed to be such great pencils. I didn't have the same problem with the boxes I'd buy in stores..so perhaps they were damaged during shipping. I don't know. I've used other Dixon pencils, store bought, since then and have had no problems so it's not my sharpener. So..be warned..it could not be worth the price. - Pencil - Ticonderoga - Dixon - Eraser'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


School Supplies - ticonderoga, eraser eraser School Supplies - ticonderoga, eraser