Tuesday 19 May 2009

Foster The People


This tune is wonderfully created to reflect our society... We live in times of great ambivalence where poverty, hunger, and injustice are all masterfully hidden behind Reality TV shows like Housewives of wherever.. Our darkest times covered by fluffy images... Just like this song.. Pop summery tune to mask the terrible lyrics.. <3 it. Pumped Up Kicks

I watched Foster the People perform this song on Craig Ferguson and it's been in my head ever since. It's a very catchy song and should be a hit. Reading reviewers describe it as a breezy Summer song is funny though, because the subject matter is very dark! It really shows that people have No Idea what lyrics say.

Foster the People's "Pumped up kicks" has managed to become a hit- considering its dark subject matter and the recent mass shooting in Norway. On the surface, this song is jolly, especially the chorus. It's not unlike California Gurls and Just Dance (Rmx), peppy summertime hits. It's when you listen to the lyrics it's got a more morbid turn to it than Lady GaGa and Katy Perry. It's about violence, but it's wrapped up in fluffy music. Surprisingly good.

I heard this on the radio station a few times, and I couldn't get the beat out of my head. Once I found out the name, I came here to purchase it. Very chill and breezy song- that is, until you actually listen to the lyrics. It's about a Columbine type environment where the singer is chasing classmates with a gun. Per Wikipedia, the song is about Robert Hawkins, who is known for going a shooting rampage in Omaha, Nebraska in December 2007. Still, if you can get past the lyrics, the beat and music will put you in a good mood.

I too, heard this played on XM on my car trip to NYC from Atlanta and could NOT get the beat out of my head. My granddaughter and I discussed the lyrics and feel although they are dark, they are singing about something that is happening and, although unfortunate, true happenings. Maybe if enough people hear the lyrics, take the TIME to hear the lyrics, maybe it will make a change in society. Be nicer to each other - stop the abusing of children....I can only hope.

Absolutely brilliant. A deceptively seductive easy-listening beat, melody, and chorus that hook you in before you even realize what it is they're singing about. The video is the same -- three apparent SoCal frat boys flinging frisbies and bobbing heads for the party crowd. But it ranks right up there with Pearl Jam's "Jeremy", Aerosmith's "Janie's Got A Gun" and Offspring's "Come Out And Play" (sorry, I'm sure there are others but I'm rock-oriented and those are the ones that come to mind). Can't get the damn thing out of my head, and I'm 60+ -- I played it for our 30-year old son today, and when he drove off he cranked up the car stereo and gave me a big grin because it was already the first song on his own most recent self-compiled CD.

Pumped Up Kicks is a relaxed and interesting song. The first listen, it is a little catchy, but the more you listen the more it grows on you.



That being said, the rest of the album is a lot more upbeat, a lot more electronic, and extremely danceable. If you like this song, try listening to Warrent or Helena Beat.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Foster The People Foster The People Foster The People