Monday 25 May 2009

Conversation Cards - girls night, games


I purchased this for a Girl's Weekend getaway this fall and we got so caught up in it we never got around to watching our Chick Flicks. Made the six of us feel closer (and many of us have known the others for years). It also encouraged the ones who don't talk as much as the others to do so -- great for women of all ages. Table Topics Conversation Cards - Girls Night Out Edition (Pink)

This was great to use to pick back up the conversation during a lull. We had so much fun with it that we kept seeing what the next card would ask. It is great for get togethers.

I did take out some of the 'downer' cards before using the set. But there really weren't many of those.

The box is really nice, and the questions are thought provoking and/or can bring out some fun and hilarious stories and explanations! You will talk about things, and learn things about your friends that you might not have otherwise.

I used one of the reviewer's tips and had everyone draw a few cards and only read those that they were comfortable with, or dig back in for some more interesting topics. That was a great idea! Everyone loved it so much they wanted to pull out more cards just to see what other things they could find out about everyone.

Lots of fun!



I look forward to using it again and again :O)

I have brought this to two different dinner gatherings with different groups of women. It was so much fun to go through the stack and ask each other these questions! At both dinners I learned more about my girlfriends than I ever knew! We began conversation topics we would have never talked about. Here's one tip: have each person grab part of the stack and ask the questions that they like.

I got this for my sister for her 40th birthday. I gave them to her at a big dinner party and they were the hit of the night! They were passed around all night and everyone was laughing and talking. Since we went through all the cards at dinner, now I have to get her another set. She loved them and so did all of her dinner guests. These are a great idea for the person who has everything or you don't know what to get them.

Fun questions that prompt fun and meaningful answers from women who are married with kids. I find it tends to be geared more towards them. That being said, there are a lot of questions that don't apply to the single, kidless crowd. So, if you fit that scenario, this might not be the card set for you.



I have read the questions on the Original Table Topics, and I found them much more engaging. I thought they were more thought provoking, and if I was able to trade this set for them, I would.



Some of the questions in this set include, "Which of your children would you want to take care of you in your old age?" "if you had one week by yourself at home what would you do?" "if something were to happen to you who would you pick to replace you in your family" "what view would you love from your kitchen window". While these are interesting questions, I found them a little flat and boring.



So, this review is coming from the perspective of a single, kidless person in her 30's who doesn't view herself as the domesticated girly girl. If you fit this description, you might want to pass on this set and choose the Original Table Topics instead.

I hosted a Ladie's Night last Friday. We usually play Bunco but I decided to do something different and brought out these cards. We had so much fun and were laughing so much. I highly recommend you try this for your next girl's get together!

I brought this set to a girls' night out where there were old and new friends. It helps break the ice with people who don't know each other very well, yet you still learn something new about friends you've known a long time. A great combination of funny, serious, and risque questions. - Games - Girls Night'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Conversation Cards - girls night, games games Conversation Cards - girls night, games