Thursday 30 April 2009

In-ear Monitors - microphone, amplifier


i used to play drums in an electro-pop group and would use this to monitor the backing tracks instead of using the on-stage wedge monitors. no complaints at all. every engineer we worked with never had any problems getting the monitor mix to run thru them. and since every backing track was at a different volume, it was very nice to be able to adjust my personal monitor mix on the fly instead of flagging down the engineer with clumsy hand signals from on stage (especially hard to do while playing drums :-). its got a great sound and being able to switch from mono to stereo came in very handy at venues that didnt have a stereo set-up. i highly recommend it. Behringer MA400 Monitor Headphone Amplifier

I got this product because my six year old daughter loves to sing into a microphone...just goofing around. Then one day, I saw a blow-out deal on a professional-quality microphone so I got it as a gift for her. But of course, it had an XLR connector so I got this "Behringer MA400 Monitor Headphone Amplifier" so she could hear herself with headphones or through our stereo. Given the price, I thought it would be pretty mediocre but figured that it would be good enough for my purposes. To my surprise, it's really pretty amazing. I would have expected some humming or buzzng, but no...there isn't the slightest hint of background noise and the frequency response and distortion levels are great. Professionals can buy this product with confidence.

I bought this amp just to listen to my laptop headphones, so I can't say much about how it functions as a monitor. But as for it's other functions...

A.) There is a noticeable increase in the fullness of the sound by plugging into this versus the laptop's headphone jack. The headphone drivers in laptops aren't great at handling louder material, especially if you have some nicer headphones (more OHMs=more power to drive them). This provides that extra boost to get the full spectrum of sounds without distortion.

B.) I also use this as a quick way to change my volume. Before, I had to press the little speaker icon and adjust the level with my mouse, now it's a simple turn of the knob, much more accurate and simple.

C.) These don't HAVE to be used for only headphones; they can at least give a boost to a pair of computer speakers.



For the price, I think this was a worthy investment.

I have the whole series of these Behringer audio signal processors. They have yet to disappoint me. This particular beast is no exception.

The amps are practically noise-free, amplify with fidelity (provided you don't try to overdrive them) and are well built.

It does the job it was designed for.

Is it professional quality - I'll leave that for the pros to answer. IMHO they go above-and-beyond.

What more could you ask for?

I bought this micro mixer for ~20, and it is far better than the price suggests. I'm very happy with the purchase. You will be surprised at how small it is. I actually wish it was bigger... First thing I did after I tested it out, was to take it apart. Inside, you will find very well made circuit boards, with two tiny little surface mount opamps. The connectors are good quality, the metal case is extraordinarily good quality, the finish and all! The only thing I don't like is the knobs on the potentiometers. As you turn them, they rub on the metal case a bit, and it makes it feel cheap. BUT THAT IS IT.



Now, the sound quality is fine. I noticed nothing significant about the quality of sound, except that is not exceptionally powerful. Listening to myself on headphones using a sure SM-58 dynamic mic, I must turn the mic volume control all the way up just to get it 90% of what I would like.



I do wish it had more amplification. Personally, I think wherever you have a dedicated amplifier driving headphones, it ought to be perfectly capable of blowing up any pair of headphones, if it is needed. I like to have power in reserve. Headroom, I think it's called. This thing needs it.



If you're curious, the Mic in and Mic thru connections are wired in parallel... so this box will have zero impact on your sound being recorded, no matter how fancy a microphone you are using. I'm unsure how well it will work with condenser mics. I think they put out a higher level signal... might make things better.



And, it needs a power switch. It doesn't hurt to leave it on, because it doesn't get warm at all, and there's nothing going to wear out, but it's still just one of those things... got to have a switch...

Does exactly what it says it does at a really great price. While it's not built like a tank, the knobs feel pretty solid and smooth and the jacks are well mounted and don't feel like they'll break at the first misaligned cable interaction. One thing to note is the amplification for the line and mic channels is considerably different, so the line input will require a hotter signal than the mic will for an apples to apples level of balance.



Bottom line, if you're looking for a basic affordable line and mic mixer, this is a great deal.

I bought this little one as a headphone amplifier, but it turns out to be a piece of art for a karaoke fan. Combined withShure PG48 Vocal Microphone with XLR-to-XLR Cable it produces great sound, which I would have never expected comes from such a small apparatus. The sound quality is decent as a headphone amplifier, and also a nice piece of mixer. It is worthy of every penny I paid for, and I am so glad having it with my bunch varieties of headphones.

I love being able to hear the monitor mix in my ear. I use a passive noise blocking earbud on the side of my head that faces the drums for our church worship band. I keep the ear that is pointed away from drums open to hear what's going on around me. If you block both ears, you will hear the mix and yourself very well, but you will miss out on hearing the congregation (audiance) sing unless the person running the soundboard mixes in a little general room sound.



Be careful not to run this too loud, if you are using an earbud it's a speaker blasting straight into your ear. I use a headphone extension chord with a built in volume control (also purchased from Amazon) for times when I want to descretely cut back the volume without having to adjust the knobs on the box.



Like others, I found the stereo/mono switch isn't much help. - Amplifier - In-ear Monitors - Monitor - Microphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


In-ear Monitors - microphone, amplifier microphone In-ear Monitors - microphone, amplifier