Monday 6 April 2009

Harbinger - fitness, harbinger


Being a poor college kid, I didn't want to join an expensive gym but still wanted a good workout. Fortunately, I stumbled upon the idea of jumping rope. Boy did this kick my butt. I work out 6 days a week on my crew team but this definitely is helping me keep in shape. I'm also short (5'3) but the one time adjustment works perfectly. The handles are very comfortable for long uses. Though the rope will give you a couple of whip marks when starting out but that only forces you to learn faster. Overall, this is a cheap and effective solution for a great aerobic workout indoor/outdoor. Harbinger 331200 Trigger Handle 10-Foot Adjustable PVC Jump Rope

I've been searching for a jump rope like this for months. I wasted my time and money on non-adjustable 9' , over the counter jump ropes. This "Harbinger Trigger Handle 10-Foot Adjustable Jump Rope" has the perfect handles that contour to your hands and I was able to easily adjust the rope to my height. For a small purchase price of $10.00, I have a great tool to assist me in my cardio training and my overall health.

when i read "adjustable" i thought spring loaded awesome one touch, but this very nice jump rope is a one time adjustment deal. I don't have to share so that's fine with me, so know that. It is a very sturdy well made jump rope. If you share with someone your height or don't share at all i highly suggest this jump rope.

I've used MANY different ropes in some 25 years of working out with jump ropes, and at first, I loved this one. The handles are very comfortable, the weight feels good, the rope moves fast. Unfortunately, though, it's made badly. I used this perhaps half a dozen times (about 45 minutes each time) before the rope broke at one of the handles. So back to the drawing board...

Shipped on time, happy with that.



Compared price with in-store (Bought this at 6.99): Good buy.



Material: Pliable, smooth, heavy.



Function: Speed rope; the rope material is heavy enough to put up some good speed. Handles are comfortable, rope swings without getting rolled up. When storing, the rope will take the shape of how it's stored. If you roll it up, there will be kinks. There are kinks when you first open it for use. I simply just stepped in the middle of the rope and stretched out both ends. If you're really worried about this, you can heat it up with warm water or one the stove or something. If you're really worried.



Not for use on rough floors. On the mat/tiling/wood floor that I use this on, the rope is fine. Been using it for several months with little wear or tear.



If you're trying to use it on gravel or asphalt or some other rough surface, it OBVIOUSLY will not endure for a long time. Get real, all the people with complaints. That will happen with just about any kind of speed rope.



Adjustable?: It's a one-time adjustment. I kind of expected this so it was exactly what I wanted. Adjusts through the handle; you have to use scissors to cut off excess rope, then pliers to fasten a metal clasping. You can adjust to to be shorter, or course, assuming you're resourceful. Use a paperclip instead of the metal clasp that it comes with. (Mine came with a total of four clasps; two were already in place, and two extra, which was good.)



Good workout. Jump rope burns as much if not more fat than other cardio exercises like running. When adjusting the rope (assuming you're going for speed function), stand in the middle and hold the handles until they just reach your armpits.



Five Star Rope. Be realistic with what you buy. It's not a product designed to last forever, especially when you use it incorrectly.

Skipping rope has been apart of my fitness routines for about 10 years now, and this rope is one of the most comfortable easy to use ropes. The adjustment problem everyone is complaining about is probably because they don't know how to adjust it. After popping open the end caps, you're supposed to clamp the metal lock wire with pliers. Each clamp can only be used once. I've never had an issue with it. However, I will say that the rope material wears entirely way too fast. My ropes generally last a 6-7 weeks at most on a 3 day a week rope routine thats 18-21 days of use. Not at all impressive. The middle always gets torn up from hitting the floor. Thats my only complaint with this product. The weight is good, the adjustment method is just fine, and the trigger grip allows you to hold on comfortably without over gripping. It's price is low enough so it makes up for the lack of integrity in the material. It'd be nice if they were sold with a spare cable and extra clamps.

I have this and the Bally Hyperformance speed rope (which is basically a buddy lee rope). I never use this one, i always use the buddy lee because its faster. This rope is fantastic, you can lengthen and shorten and change it back and forth all you want. Its a bit heavier, and not near as fast for me as the buddy lee. Also, it will make your arms get tired faster, which bugs me but this might be ideal for another person. Not as good as the buddy lee (for me), but much cheaper and still a 5 star product.



*The guy below said this is non-adjustable. It adjusts fine. The back cap pops off, and you just loosen the knot, make it the length you want, and stuff it back in the handle. I have no idea why he said that, this actually adjusts very well.

I've gone through a recent fitness craze, and ended up purchasing a few "at-home" workout items. This jump rope has been perfect. It's a huge upgrade compared to the tiny, pasta-shell-like ropes I'm familiar with. This rope spins smoothly, has an attractive feel, and the handles are great. It was the perfect length for me at 6' 4". The rope handles come up to my armpits with one foot standing over the center of the rope on the floor.



If you're interested in alternative cardiovascular activities, or are hoping to stay active indoors on a rainy/cold/hot (Florida..) day, then this it. - Speed Rope - Harbinger - Fitness - Exercise'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Harbinger - fitness, harbinger fitness Harbinger - fitness, harbinger