Sunday 1 March 2009

Walnut Tradition - cutlery, cooking


For a very inexpensive knife set, these serve very well. The blades seem to stay sharp for a long time. We don't use the steak knives much because I have a set of those we like very well, but I use the kitchen shears frequently, as well as the paring knives and the 7 inch knife.

The kitchen shears are fantastic. I want to pick up a couple spare pairs. They wash very easily and I use them instead of a knife to cut up chicken breasts for tacos, on tortillas to make corn chips and anything else I can think of instead of using a knife! Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 15-Piece Block Knife Set

This set of knives is wonderful! It has a knife for every occasion! I've had the set for awhile now, put it through the washer quite a few times and they still look as good as new! Haven't had to use the sharpener yet and the way these knives still cut through everything I don't think I'll have to for a long while!! Great buy, highly recommended.

This seems to be a nice set for the money. The Partoku and Santoku seem to be lesser quality compaired to the rest of the set. They are thinner, lighter and more flimsy. However they are sharp and cut well. Will see if they hold-up as well as the others. Would have prefered the Chef and Slicing knives over them.

I purchased this set of knives for my sister for Christmas.



I had been given a set of the same brand Chicago Cutlery a couple of years back, and really like them.



However, I was dissapointed in the thickness of the blades, not nearly as thick as my set, but my sister seemed very pleased, hence a 4 rating.

First these are made by a Chinese Company contracted to produce under and old American cutlery name so they aren't an American product . They are stamped steel . The metal in these knives is only fair in hardness and durability . The larger knives do a fair job but edge holding will not be a key point . If a cheap set of cutlery is what you can afford these are fair but there is Tramontina cutlery (many items produced in the U.S. too) which is a better cutlery and still cheap . I have had a set of those for 25 years and they are good cheap cutlery . The Steak knives in this set are a joke, get ready to sharpen them right out of the box . They do have comfortable handles though . I have used the screw driver on the shears to tighten screws on a couple cooking pans . I honestly bought these to take on picnics etc. and if one is lost I don't lose that much . If you can afford better I would recommend in stamped cutlery the Victorinox brand . Have those and although the blades are thin their heat treating and chill methods make a superior blade that's almost as good as a forged blade . They do cost a bit more though . I have tried to write a very honest review so hope it doesn't sound too negative . I do reside in Illinois and feel it's a shame a once great American cutlery company has become a basically a second rate company contracting it's products . - Cutlery - Cooking - Kitchen - Knife'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Walnut Tradition - cutlery, cooking cutlery Walnut Tradition - cutlery, cooking