Sunday 8 March 2009

Portable Fan - mini fan, personal fan


Yes, this little puppy really does work as advertised. Just wet the sponge, turn the unit on, and point the air stream at your face.



Ahhhhhh...



The Handy Cooler appears to be well built. The fan is very quiet. You can put the unit on a desk or tabletop, and it will blow a nice stream of cool air at you.



I like the way you can rotate the air head ninety degrees, giving you greater flexibility in positioning the unit. I also like the little water bottle they give you, which holds two "recharges". Yes, they have figured out how much water you can add to keep cool without water dribbling from the unit. They figure you can go from thirty minutes to three hours on a "full" sponge, depending on your environment.



I have told the company that makes the Handy Cooler that they need to introduce a shoulder holster, so you can wear it around and use it hands-free. In the meantime, I am going to see if I can rig up some sort of shoulder sling or something that will suit this purpose.



At any rate, if you hate the heat, the Handy Cooler is the real deal -- cool relief to go. HIGHLY recommended.



My only gripe, as another customer commented, is the high UPS shipping charge. A lower-cost USPS shipping option would be welcome...



And yes, I use NiMH rechargeable batteries, and they last for hours on a charge. Ahhhh... Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner: The Original Handy Cooler in blue by Genexus. Genuine version marked with official logo: Handy Cooler. NOTE: To prevent receiving a counterfeit/knock-off, select an authorized seller with care.

I have suffered from allergies for a couple of years now. I can't work in my office unless I took an antihistamine. I saw the great reviews for the handy cooler air cooler and I wanted to give it a try. As it describes, it basically emits humidified air as well as cools the air down. I got the package and it was really easy to set up and use. I brought it work work and placed it on my work desk, plugged it in my laptop for power, and directed the air to my breathing area. It would be too chilly to turn it on full blast, so I set it at 60% power which gives a good balance between the air cooling and air humidifying. Now its been 1 week since I haven't took antihistamine and I can still get through my day. I am not sure if it is to do with the cooler air, or the humidified air - or a bit of both. It does require you to add water into the filter every few hours. So don't be fooled by thinking it doesn't require your attention.

I'm in the Navy, therefore I sleep in a tiny, tiny, often hot space with no air circulation. I ordered this because there is only so much night-sweat and dude-funk one can take in this sort of environment. It just came in the other day, but it appears sufficient to cool a cramped, curtained, coffin-like enclosure! The noise at high-speed is a total non-issue; trust me, the engines drown it out completely. If you're ordering one of these for your sailor, I recommend the pink one. The guys who've seen it all want one, but nobody is going to steal something in pink.



Honestly, I wish it were less expensive, but the build quality is solid enough that I think it'll survive until I get back, and that's really all that counts.

I suffer from Hot Flashes induced by Cancer medications and HRT withdrawals; I found this product to be exactly what I need. I spent a ton of money on small personal fans, all endorsed or made by major retailers like Coleman, Brookstone, Target and many more. I should have invested in this product first. My hot flashes come on about every 45 minutes, 24/7. I have been told by my doctors this can be expected for the next three years. My daughter found the Handy Cooler online and sent me the link. I found the product to be very intriguing, opposed to the pile of personal fans that were cluttering my desktop, end tables, car, purse and trash can. I ordered it immediately.



This little cooler provided immediate relief within seconds of adding batteries and water to the sponge. Now when I start feeling warm I turn on my Handy cooler and the cool air starts flowing. I use it everywhere. It prevents me from turning into a giant mess. I'm on the go and very active indoors and out, this product has been fantastic, for me personally a life and sanity saver. I would recommend this product to anyone. I think it is fairly priced for a personal fan that provides more than a breeze but an actual Cooling effect. Thank you, Handy Cooler.

I don't tolerate heat well at all and when I made plans to attend an all-day outdoor event in Eastern NC a few weeks ago, I knew I had to bring something other than just a sweatband. Stumbled across this on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It is terrific! It fit in my normal-sized fanny pack with an extra set of batteries and the little water bottle, along with a small still camera and a Flip video camera. By midmorning my t-shirt was soaked and I had already wrung out my headband twice, so I found a little shade and fired this guy up. It is just amazing - the fan alone would be great, but the air blowing out of it is genuinely cool! Not like your car A/C blasting on max, but still unbelievable. I ran into several people throughout the day who looked and looked and finally said "what IS that?" and I explained and let them try it. I think I made a few sales. Within 20 minutes I had wrung out my headband and stashed it away for the last time that day.



If you're going to be out and using it consistently all day, load up with new batteries in the morning and take an extra set.



I like this so much that I decided to order a replacement sponge (the one the comes with it advertised to last about a year). They come in a two-pack for $10. I thought that was a little pricey for pieces of sponge, but OK. When I saw that the shipping was an additional $12 for two lightweight slices of sponge, I wrote a nastygram to the manufacturer. They wrote back. They are embarrassed by that and are working to develop an alternative that won't cost so much (UPS is going to charge something to deliver a box, no matter what's in it). I work in IT in an order fulfillment/shipping operation and I know it takes a while to put a system in place, so bear with 'em - they are trying to get the shipping costs down to a reasonable level. And no, I have no interest of any kind in this company! I'm usually pretty cynical but got the impression these folks are trying to get it right.



All that said, this product is worth every dime I paid, shipping included. I would buy again, and I would recommend to a friend. - Personal Fan - Cooling - Mini Fan - Small Fan'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Portable Fan - mini fan, personal fan small fan Portable Fan - mini fan, personal fan