Saturday 7 March 2009

Pashmina Shawl


There were a couple of flaws in my scarf: a bit of seam that was torn, and a spot where the glue for the tag pulled the fabric. Nevertheless, the gray color is really lovely, and the fabric is soft with a nice shine. For the price, I would say it is a darn good deal. New Best Soft Pashmina/Shawl/Scarf/Wrap/Stole (black)

While it's not a designer scarf, it is better quality than what I would have expected for the cost. It's comfortable, sturdy, and good sized. The color (camel) is nice. Shipping was incredibly quick, and it got here almost faster than I'd expected. In short, I'll likely order more of the same scarves in various colors.

I purchased 2 pashminas from 2 different suppliers. One was this bubble 2-layer gauze-like pashima that I returned today from Sakas. I hated it.



But this one, which was just $8.50 is awesome!



One review says she knows what real pashmina cashmere feels like - well I question her judgement. While it may not be "thick" it is not sheer, and it is oh so warm. When you put it on, it's almost like wrapping yourself in an electric blanket. Within a minute or two, you feel your own body heat warming you. This is the true test of a real cashmere, or wool, etc. - it holds your body temperature in.



And soft! OMG, how wonderful it feels to the touch. NO way it is acrylic or rayon.

And for the price - what a great value. If I had not seen these online, and saw this in a store for say, $25, I would still think it was a steal.



I bought a black one, and I wish I had bought more, in a few other colors.



I saw where one bride-to-be bought them to give away as gifts in case it got cold. What a great idea. No one would suspect you paid less than $10 for this lovely product. Seriously! I absolutely love mine! Not sure where all these bad reviews come from. I can't image anyone would be dissappointed after spending so little, on something so soft, and warm.



I wish I could find a queen-size blanket made out of this stuff! I would never get out of bed.

I have this pashmina in yellow, turquoise, purple, gray and my burgundy one is on the way! I love these pashminas so much! They're even better quality than the ones I've seen that are five times the price! I just keep ordering more and more. I bought them as Christmas gifts for a lot of women on my shopping list. Big hit. The girls in my office are now buying them also. You cannot beat the quality and price.

The scarves are almost paper thin, especially the white, but that would be acceptable if they were really CASHMERE as it seems from the listing. I have read elsewhere that most of the time Pashmina is not actually cashmere, but Acrylic. So they are misleading their customers into buying something that is not as it seems. I personally have become very familiar with the feel of cashmere and this is NOT cashmere. Additionally, it is ILLEGAL to mark a product as "Pashmina" when it is acrylic; it is a consumer protection law to prevent consumers from buying a misleading product. These scarves provide a fraction of the warmth a true cashmere scarf would provide. Shameful.

This was a gift for a friend. I ordered it in silver. The color is very lovely (it's a dark silvery gray) and matched the picture. I thought that it would be a bit softer, but it seems as though it will feel better with more use. Looks great!



For the price, a great product.

I was super impressed with the quality of this scarf!! I will definitely be purchasing more in different colors soon! My only complaint was the cost of shipping and the delay of receiving the scarf itself. I placed the order on Oct. 9th and just received the order today (Oct.25th). I did get half of the shipping cost refunded, so I felt that it was fair. Overall, a good transaction =)

I picked this wrap out for my wedding and am glad I did, it really is gorgeous. I absolutely love the texture and the size of this wrap. It will go perfect with my dress and looks like it's going to last me a couple years down the road. It was well worth the money spent on it, and I may end up buying a couple more in different colors down the road. It looked like it would be great for both the winter and the spring so will definitley be one of the new pieces in my closet that I will be raving about for months to come.

I needed an extra something to add to my bridesmaid swag bags and this fit the bill. They came in so many colors it was hard to pick which one could offset the dresses the best. Shipping was quick. They arrived in under a week. The pashminas are soft and light. Perfect for a summer night or a fall/spring scarf. They are not too thin to embroider either. I took them to a local company and added initials. The girls were thrilled with the finished product and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Overall good quality, remarkable value. The only thing I'm sad about is that I didn't get one for myself. I'll definitely order again.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pashmina Shawl Pashmina Shawl Pashmina Shawl