Tuesday 24 March 2009

Kindle 3 Cover - kindle 3 case, acase


The leather on this case feels nice in the hand. There is a bit of a smell when you first take it out of the packaging, but it goes away very quickly. This is clearly actual, real leather, not fake imitation leather. The interior is a nice soft gray felt that I feel will protect my Kindle from scratches. The exterior of the case feels to have a little padding that, while adding a bit of bulk to my device, also seems to offer some protection from droppage.



The Kindle fits very snugly via two leather straps on the bottom and two elastic bands on the top. I can shake the case vigorously and there are no worries about my Kindle falling out. Even so, inserting and removing my Kindle are very easy to do, so this indicates a good design. The magnetic clasp on the front has a nice snap and is very strong, so there are no worries of the clasp opening while it's in your bag, etc. The cover bends backwards behind the Kindle very easily, and I've discovered that you can bend the clasp part back and the magnet will be able to hold the cover open (by attaching to the magnetic part on the cover. This creates a bit of an angle, but is nice because you don't have to physically hold it open.



I would definitely say go ahead buy this case. It's a great value. I liked it enough to get one for my mother-in-law's Kindle as well. They now even have the cases in different colors, although black is a very good choice, in my opinion. I actually had to converse with their customer service department about an issue I had with my original case. They were very responsive and eager to resolve my issues. This great service experience shows that these guys care about their product.



If you're thinking about the more expensive "official" Amazon cover, this is a wonderful (and much cheaper) alternative that you will not be disappointed with.



Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments. I promise to answer them. Acase Classic Kindle 3 (Latest Generation) Leather Case (Black) with Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible)

Ordered 3 Acase Kindle leather cases on Dec 16th and arrived on Dec 20th via USPS very good shipping turnaround time and the seller updated shipping to expedite shipping free of charge. Case arrived sealed in shipping package and each case was in its own sealed plastic case that was easy to open. The case is light weight and holds the Kindle very securely in place. There are 2 elastic straps one on each of the top corners and 2 leather straps on the bottom that the Kindle slides into also the case has a magnetic locking clasp to keep case closed. The case has no problem protecting the Kindle from minor drops, my wife dropped hers down the stairs by accident with no damage and the case stayed securely closed. I'm sure that not having the Kindle in a case would have been the end of that Kindle. The case also came we a soft cloth for cleaning your Kindle screen. The clear screen protector went on very quickly and easy to do, I had mine on in about 2 minutes. The screen protector fit nice and to me was not really noticeable while I was reading. This is a really nice Kindle case for the money and I'm glad I bought one for each of Kindles so I definitely would recommend this case.

So I got my Acase today and immediately started putting my new 4G Kindle into it. The case itself looked okay, and I wanted to get the screen saver put on so following the directions I slowly attached the screen saver (which is nothing more than a sticky piece of clear plastic the same size as the Kindle screen), making sure not to touch and then commenced to press the bubbles out using the supplied cleaning cloth. Pretty simple, but I noticed I had about 10 small bubbles still showing up. I tried to press the bubbles out using the cloth, but they wouldn't move. I at this point was a little annoyed, no big deal, but they were a little smaller that a #2 pencil eraser and were annoying. Since I hadn't removed the black tab yet (final step), I pulled up the screen saver and found that the bubbles weren't bubbles, but actual discolorations on the kindle screen. I tried cleaning them off with everything I could come up with (windex, ect.) and they are permenant, nothing removes them. ENOUGH SAID. BE CAREFUL OF THIS PRODUCT, I HATE RUINING A BRAND NEW KINDLE SCREEN LIKE THIS.

I ordered this case because it was very inexpensive compared to the Amazon non-lighted leather cases. I wanted a case because I am going to be using my Kindle while traveling and I thought it would be easier to attach a book light to the Kindle if I had a case.



This case fits the bill perfectly. It is very lightweight, flexible and strong. The front cover folds back completely, so I can attach the booklight and swing the cover behind and still manage to hold the Kindle with one hand.



I also like the snap closure. It seats well and is easy to close. The cover is very slim and barely adds to the size or weight of the Kindle. Very easy to slip into a backpack or even purse for travel.



My only quibble is that I am pretty sure this isn't real leather. It had a very plastic-y smell when I unpacked it and the texture feels more like imitation leather. I think it is wrong to advertise it as leather if it isn't. Would love to see this cover offered in more colors, too.



As for the clear screen protector... I tried to apply it but was unable to get the bubbles out. Having successfully installed screen protectors on my iphone, I wonder if it is just that the Kindle screen is so much larger? In any case, I decided to skip the screen protector. I will say that it didn't seem to create any glare, so if you are able to get it on without bubbles, it looks like it will work well.



For the money, I think it is good Kindle cover.

When I bought a kindle for my wife, I spend almost $35 to buy a nice case for her. While the case was nice, I definitely thought that $35 was a bit much. The Acase is however a completely different story! Its a high quality product at an amazing price. I love the fit and finish of the case and its not bulky as well. Its an excellent complement to the Kindle 3G and I would recommend it very highly. This is excellent value for money and there's no way you can go wrong. - Kindle Accessory - Kindle 3 Case - Acase - Kindle Covers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle 3 Cover - kindle 3 case, acase kindle covers Kindle 3 Cover - kindle 3 case, acase