Wednesday 11 March 2009

Gloves


This is the Harbinger you need unless you are going to be power lifting only then I suggest you look into the 12xx series but they are for very quick lifts and not for wearing more than ten minutes because they are like wearing boxing gloves. If you want to spend time in the gym lifting say the big three like squats, deadlifts and bench presses for a couple of sets then the Harbinger 140 Pro WristWrap Glove is exactly 100% what you need. I would never, and I mean never, buy another glove again simply on the bases that every other type of glove I have used has split within two months of use while Harbinger just lasts through deadlift upon deadlift upon deadlift and looks as good as the day I bought them. The wrist strap is a really nice touch, very long and wraps around and around to keep those wrists nice and firm for the big lifts. You go to the gym and you want a pair of gloves that will support you and last longer... look no further. Buy them. Harbinger Pro WristWrap Glove (Black, Large)

I wish I was able to compare this and the WristWrap Classic before I bought it. I most likely would have gone with the Classic. Since I have a hurt wrist, I really need the support. The Classic has a wider wrap, and is also more flexible. The Pro wrist wrap is canvas and a bit inflexible. I need the wrap to be snug to give me maximum support.

So I'm a little disappointed.

Nonetheless, they still give me MUCH more support than when I would work out without them.

I've only used these a couple of times. I'm not in love with the wrist straps, but I'll get used to them. The gloves do what they're supposed to do, which is protect the sensitive, baby-soft skin of my hands from developing calluses and getting irritated by the weights.

This is my first review of anything on amazon even though i bought plenty of things on this site before. I had a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist and kept injuring my wrist every time i lifted. These give me really good support and they are very comfortable as well. Highly recommend them.

If you suffer from wrist injuries, or weak wrists, (I have bursitis) then these will really help with your lifting.



These wraps are a good buy. Alot cheaper here on amazon than at the store. My only gripe is the stitching on this pair is done poorly. That could be just this pair, or it could be that the manufacturing is now in an even poorer country, either way, my last pair lasted 2 years, this pair might last one if I am lucky.

I highly recommend these gloves to anyone who is needing more suppport than the gloves they're currently wearing provides. They come high enough up the wrists to not only offer the right amount of support but the fact that they remind you to keep a proper position in regards to how much you want or don't want your wrists to flex at any given time. The length on the fingers is just right as well and the padding is sufficient even with some of the heavier dumbells. The black color is also good for women, the overall look not too masculine. The price was great - almost 50% cheaper than any local or even online retailer.

I've been using this pair of gloves for the past 3 or 4 months, about everyday (split routine). I've used them with both contoured handle (VTX-PRO) and hex dumbbells (generic cast iron). They're very comfortable gloves with heavier weights, like 20+ lb dumbbells. Also, the wristwraps actually keep my wrists straight.



Grip is only an issue when using heavy contoured handle dumbbells, like 30lb and 35lb pairs. There is definitely too much slippage to maintain correct form.

Very good glove i love the wrist wrap it has helped my weak wrist. i also feel my wrist getting a lot stronger. I on the other hand have been using these gloves for weight lifting and they are great i get an excellent grip of the bar. They are also pretty comfortable. would recommend! wouldnt expect anything less from HARBINGER.

So I had read all the other reviews, and many of them had mentioned that these run too small. I'm 5'8" and have pretty small hands for a guy and somewhat thin fingers, but instantly ruled out the small size based on the reviews. I got the Medium (and my hands are in no way Medium), and lo and behold, it is too small, a struggle to get them on, and doesn't allow me to grip well, so I'm going to have to get large! Just absolutely ridiculous. If you could see my hands, the idea that I could be a Large in gloves that are presumably not sized for children is pretty much inconceivable. I don't know how it's possible to screw up the sizing this badly. The sizing chart is not accurate. I can't emphasize this enough: 1 size bigger at the least is essential, but if in doubt, go 2 sizes bigger.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Gloves Gloves Gloves