Friday 13 March 2009

Bath Accessories


I can't see many people getting excited over a soap dish, but I have always been impressed with any of the 3M command products. The soap dish is the best one I have tried yet. It is easy to clean when it gets all gummed up with soap and can be detached from the wall of your shower to clean around the plate.



The only warning I have is that when removing the dish for cleaning, be gentle. While the plate will not come off the wall if you're using a crowbar, the plastic tabs on the plate that support the soap dish can break. If you break one, you can still use the dish...you break both...you've got to buy another ;) Command 17602B Soap Dish, Water-Resistant Strips, 1 Dish 1 Strip

When I went to take my first shower in my new home, I was dismayed that the shower didn't have a spot to put the soap. Well technically it did, but it's like a few inches from the bottom of the tub. Convenient when you're bathing, but not exactly convenient when you're showering, unless of course you are Inspector Gadget **go-go-gadget arms*



So off I went in pursuit of a soap dish. I tried a few different styles and makes, none of which worked. They all fell off right away, some fell off even before I put the soap on them. They must have been tested really well ~sheesh.



Finally I came across the 3M Command soap dish, and I thought I would give it a try. I held my breath when I put it on, waiting for it to fall off right away, but it stayed put. I then loaded it with soap, and still it stayed put. I had a few showers, and I was in awe that it stayed put even when wet. I think it has been a few years since I installed it, and it is still firmly in place. It's magnificent! I love that it has slots in the bottom for the water to drain so your soap doesn't get yucky. Also, it is very easy to remove. You don't have to ruin your shower wall or the soap dish. How do I know that it's easy to remove? Well, I didn't like where I put it in the beginning and decided to move it - piece of cake!



I love all 3M Command products that I've used. They really know their stuff!

This is a great soap dish. Inexpensive, holds on to the wall, the soap stays in the dish, not bad to look at, and best of all I can take it off the wall and throw it in the dishwasher when it gets grimy. A+ product

A good addition to your tub or shower. Easy to stick most anywhere and it stays stuck without marring your tub/shower enclosure. The stick strips are really nice because of the unusual method of removal. Pulling them straight down and they pop off. Easy to remove the dish for cleaning without removing the mount as well. 3M has a bunch of other devices using the same method of fastening without making holes or using tools.

Finally, a soap dish that sticks to the tile in the shower and stays on...even when you put a bar of soap in it. I was so tired of the suction cup ones that constantly slid down the wall or fell off. The 3M Command products are great!

I was a little skeptical about this holding because my shower has tiny little tiles and lots of grout lines, but it works like a charm. Suction devices are useless in my baths, but Command definitely comes to the rescue with this soap dish. It's also very unobtrusive. It does everything the manufacturer claims it will. I would, though, be scrupulous in following their cleaning and installation directions to the letter.

I travel a lot on business, and usually pack a portable soap dish. The suction ones are ok, but don't work when my hotel's shower enclosure is too porous. This one is awesome, and works on every surface I've tried so far. Be sure to purchase some extra strips, though, if you want it for mobility.

I've had one for over a year now, I moved and forgot to bring it with me on the move. So I ordered a new one. I hate the suction cup devices, they never stay in place. These 3M Command bath strips hold perfectly, and I never have to worry about them falling or anything. I have mine on a kind of medium textured tile, and it holds great. I love how you can take the dish off and put in the dishwasher.

Would recommend to anyone who uses bar soap.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bath Accessories Bath Accessories Bath Accessories