Friday 6 March 2009

B000f3i5zy - b000f3i5zy, nail gun


I have two N80's I haven't had any problems with them at all.When loaded with a full coil of nails working over head you have a hand full,but you have a lot more nails in the gun then you would in a strip nailer. For roof and floor sheeting it can't be beat. Bostitch N80CB-1 Round Head 1-1/2 to 3-1/4-Inch Coil Framing Nailer

I have been in construction for 15 years. I have 3 of these guns and I'll tell you from a durability point of view you can't beat it. I see my guys beat the heck out of these guns and they don't fail. When i say, "Beat the heck out of them" I don't just mean the day in and day out firing, I mean turning it over and using the back or the tip to smack studs over to layout lines or to flush up just about anything. The coil bay is easily adjustable to fit any size nail. Reliability? I have seen reviews on here that there are mis-fires and jams. You are going to have a jam on this gun for one of 3 reasons.

1. Your little weenie air compressor doesn't have the PSI to push it.

2. You have droped the coil of nails and the tips are bent together. If this happens uncoil the nails, step on one end of the coil and stretch them out and re-coil them.

3. Sometimes during the first few shots you will see a problem such as above due to the extreme capacity of the coil of nails. Use the tool for an hour and you know what's wrong. A nail head is being wedged into one of the interior coils, flip the gun counter-clockwise in your hand and it's a simple process of pushing straightening the coil with your finger or another nail, takes like 2 seconds.

Anyone who has carried 15 pounds (exageration) of stick nails in their pouch knows how heavy they are and how fast they actually go, so you are constantly walking to the nail box and then, which is really fun when you are sheathing a roof. "Hey, throw me a coil of nails." Yea, you can throw these things up to guys on the roof, or on the 2nd floor because they are big enough and heavy enough to easily throw, try throwing like 300 stick nails up to someone.

As for the reviews about finding nails... I have never had a problem finding nails, they have them at Menards for one, but any nail supply house will have them. I think those reviews were written by more "home owner" types that think Home Depot is the only place you can get lumber and tools. You don't need 50 different nail lengths, basically you need 2) 8's and 16's. They have galvies and regular so my question is what are they trying to use the thing for?

I am a framer by trade and have 5 N-80's, they are a very dependable tool.The large nail capacity and full round headed nails are its biggest assets. Some of the drawbacks with the coil gun compared to the stick is that sometimes the coil of nails gets bound up in the magazine and needs to be straightend out.When toenailing it doesn't sink the heads as well as the stick.

I am a framer in New York where we frame in weather ranging from 90+ all the way down to below freezing. I have found this gun quite reliable and have had only minor problems usually associated with rubber o-rings that may freeze in extreme temperatures. The extra weight of the nailer is more than offset by the nail magazine capacity. My crews use all seven of my guns regularly and we still have yet to retire even the first one I ever bought. Last, but not least, these guns are extremely well-priced and an excellent bang for the buck. I recommend it highly.

I own a construction company which has 1 Bostich N80C. We have owned if for more than 5 years, and will not purchase another Bostich Pnematic nailer. The nailer is far from dependable, jaming regularly. Drawbacks include the fact that you cannot adjust the depth on the gun and it routinely misfires, shooting two (2) nail instead of one. This presents a serious safety hazard and should be a concern to anyone using this product. On the positive side, the unit is easy to rebuild, which is a feature which you will need since it is is very unreliable. In addition to a rebuild kit, we also stock the main piston, and piston stop which fail on a regular basis. My crews hate this nailer, and they reminded of that fact whenever the product is in use on our jobs.Although Bostitch makes other products which we swear by, (eg: the Bostich Hammer Tacker)the N80C is a nailer which we usually end up swearing at! Botstich should remove this product from their product line and head back to the drawing board.

I've run over 20,000 nail through my newest gun.

Runs great, no jams, ( sounds like some people with jams may not have a proper air supply)no problem getting nails, weight is no problem.

Shouldn't be building if it feels heavy.



can work it hard,it will take it.



the price is right.

I just ordered another

This shooter rules. The N80SB-1, the benchmark of stick nailers has been overthrown by this gun. The only disadvantage is that it will only accept up to 3-1/4" nails. But it holds way more of them (300) than the straight magazine shooter, and it makes for a smaller tool, which is worth sacrificing the extra 1/4". Plus, you can load down to 1-1/2" nails. The plastic magazine is tough and can withstand being dropped. The tool never jambs. And you will not find it any cheaper than at Amazon.com, trust me.

The description of this nailer states that it takes nails from 1 1/2 to 3 1/4. I have been unable to find anyone that sells less than a 2" nail for this gun. I also e-mailed the company to see if they could help me but received no response back. If you need a gun that provides a wide range of uses then you may be dissatisfied with this nail gun.

The coil nailer works great with no problems. The only flaw I have with the nailer is the gun does not come with a case. I am meticulous with the care and maintenance of my tools and the only option I have is to buy a utility bag. As far as flaws go this is more inconvenience than operational. Otherwise a great nail gun. No jams or misfires. Nails have been readily available. If you want a good all around gun this is it. - B000f3i5zy - Nail Gun - Framing Nailers - Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


B000f3i5zy - b000f3i5zy, nail gun nail gun B000f3i5zy - b000f3i5zy, nail gun